Sharjah Ladies, Please share your Experiences of first few months Here from India.

Discussion in 'IL'ites in Sharjah' started by padma10, Feb 7, 2013.

1. padma10

padma10 New IL'ite

Dear Ladies,
    I m a southindian housewife now living in sharjah. I want u ppl to share ur first few months of stay in sharjah after leaving everything at india, The excitements, dissappointments, the mind change, Happiness, Memories can be shared here.

2. padma10

padma10 New IL'ite

Re: Sharjah Ladies, Please share your Experiences of first few months Here from India

As i have started this thread, Let me tell you how i felt at first when i m here.
    I came here on nov 2010.
    I came in a taxi from Dubai to sharjah, It was more like i m far far far away from my homeland(india)
    The country has sand dunes and excellent building structures in the mid, On my way i saw Sounthindian restaurants lik Saravana bhavan, Sangeetha,Aryas, Ponnusamy and anjappar,
    Wow felt lik at Tamilnadu, Saw many indian faces , another wow here.
    I smiled there with a satisfaction, Then i went for the supermarket ..Lovely i felt like being at cool chill Kerala,
    Sweet malayalam words are heard my ears.
    That is a great experience i must say, I came with some impression but got more happiness.
    Love sharjah since it reminds me of my homeland.

3. cutebarbie

cutebarbie Silver IL'ite

Re: Sharjah Ladies, Please share your Experiences of first few months Here from India

Hi Padma,

Nice to hear it... I came here last year...and missing my homeland already :(

4. ArabianDoll

ArabianDoll Senior IL'ite

hi
    i live in the start of sharja i.e very near shahara center.I have been here for a month and still feel something lacking here.Yes ofcourse there are lots of indians and southindians even in my apartments too but i personally feel all are busy and scheduled in their own life.I try to make friends especially when i get down or in lifts but hardly a smile will be the response.
    My childhood was spent in KSA and all said that dubai is going to be another home away from home but this is not so in my case.Overhere unlike ksa,you can roam outside freely but what i need is caring people to learn and share.Yesterday after when the earth quake was felt here too,i really missed my kith and kins.:bonk
    Maybe as time flows by i will get good company and people nearby to spend my days espescially when my hubby is away for work:bowdown

5. neethu25nair

neethu25nair New IL'ite

hi Padma
    I am neethuu....actually I am from kerala....I came here on 2008....when I was reached here I also faced the same situation......so don't worry my dearrr.....make friends......share ur feelings and thoughts......its very helpful to u.....after tat earth quake I also felt tat I missed my parents, my relatives and my home country....life is like dis...sooo don't worry ....be happyyyy.....think postivelyyyy.......god bless uuu....