Pregnant with fibroid

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by MrsNavaneeth, Dec 1, 2012.

1. sangram82

sangram82 New IL'ite

My wife is in 23 weeks of Pregnancy and suddenly yesterday in scan we found out that she has fibroid of around 6.1 CM. The scan was advised as she had pain earlier night which just did not seem to go away.

Doctor said that this was the caouse of pain. Fibroid is outside the uterus and as per doctor this is not causing any problems to the baby. The baby is doing fine as well. She has prescribed tablet Duvadiline Retard to be taken till 36 weeks now and occasional paracetamol in case there is sharp pain so that pain can be eased in case of further discomfort.

Will the fibroid be still matter of concern? Also any advises on Duvadiline Retard. Your replies above really helped de-stress me and my wife.

Waiting for your replies.

2. MrsNavaneeth

MrsNavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hi sangram82,
    I was wrongly diagnosed with fibroid.But still I had unexplained miscarriage in end of 10th week.

Duvadiline is safe during pregnancy and is helpful in relieving stomach cramps. Our IL's who have used this might give you more details on this.

Tell your wife to be stress free and enjoy everyday of motherhood. A happy mind will do wonders on the hormones and drive away all the biological issues and hurdles. Get proper diet structure from the doctor.

Take Care

3. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Hi mrs navaneeth,

Sorry for your loss. I miscarried in my 6th week and during scan my Doctor told me I have two fibroids. Is the fibroids a concern in TTC? Really worried. I have another scan coming up and my doctor would like to see my uterus without any pregnancy hormones. She thinks that pregnancy hormones may cause for the fibroids to build up. I don't know how to take care of myself in the future when I am trying for baby. Is there any special diet you are following? Please advice.

4. MrsNavaneeth

MrsNavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hi Srilak,

I heard that sometimes fibroids emerge during pregnancy as well but I am not sure. I went for second opinion to another doctor and found that my uterus is clean and there are no fibroids.

But before that I also did more r&d on nature cure of fibroids. It is said that reducing excess estrogen will help in shrinking the fibroids.Estrogen has to be reduced and progesterone has to be increased.

That requires regular exercise,more intake of water,having more whole grains,beans and fresh fruits.
    Add Broccoli,beans,dark green leaves,flaxseed,garlic,onions,nuts and seeds.

Don't worry on anything dear. Everything has a cure,just believe we will have strong and healthy baby who will fight all the issues and will be born with broad smile and will be spreading his joy to us. Take care

5. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Hi Mrsnavneeth,

You know, all of the food u have mentioned I eat except falxseed. I try to eat organic whenever I could. I have reduced using all of the chemical cleaning stuff. Somewhere I read chemical cleaning stuff has more effect on your TTC and it had some effect on your uterus too. But really wonder how much is truth in it. Blindly I am following it.Hope we will have healthy and happy babies soon for us to cherish for life time.