1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

small incident at day care...does this seem odd?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by Rakhii, Apr 12, 2013.

1. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ladies, as probably some of you know, I chose our daycare with utmost...care. I am very happy with the lady. My DD loves and and she runs to her the moment she opens the door and wouldnt let go of her for a few minutes; needless to say, the lady and my DD bonded really well. Other kids there also seem to adore my DD and my DD is such a happy child there.

One small thing which I noticed just this morning. The daycare fees we pay includes the fee for food. However, I always send food from home as my DD was not used to the kind of food they provide there. For snack, I send apple sauce, yogurt, cheese and some cookies. This morning I was keeping my DD's milk bottles on the kitchen counter and at the same moment the lady opened her fridge. Inside I saw that there was tubs of yogurt, cheese and apple sauce (other brands than what I use).

I was disturbed...not once the lady told me to just send lunch and she will give yogurt/cheese from home. I mean, I already pay a LOT for the daycare and its supposed to include food. I am disturbed that she didnt even mention yogurt/cheese and expected me to bring them..

what shall I do? I want to give her the benefit of doubt that she simply forgot to tell me that she will give snack from her own stock as i had always been sending everything from day 1. what do you think?

i know, a small thing compared to the fact that otherwise everything seems so good. Specially my DD, she LOVES the lady and the lady loves her too; we can clearly see that with the way they both behave on Monday morning (after 2 days gap of not seeing each other).

Would you mention this to her or just let it be?

2. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

Ask her. She may have thought she told you about the snack situation, but since you kept sending figured you preferred specific brands for your dd to eat.
    Have you discussed with her a possible reduction of fees since you send dd's lunch with her? Or are home daycare fees mandated by the municipality?

sindmani and Rakhii like this.
  3. Cuteprincess

Cuteprincess Silver IL'ite

Just discuss with her. Maybe she thinks you stick to a particular brand.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rakhii

No the fees are fixed. She made it clear in the contract. My DD goes there full time only for 10 days in a month; other days, she only goes for 2 hours a day but we have to pay for the full month.
    I guess you could be right. I will see what she says. Now another question...its OK to change the brands right? I mean, my DD is almost 16 months now.

5. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

That is your choice right???

I am just confused.Wouldn't she give to other kids????She probabaly giving to other kids since you don't prefer the food there,that could be the reason she might be asking you to send the food,

I didn't understand point here.

sindmani, Kungumam and Rakhii like this.
  6. Rakhii

I saw the lunch menu priya and its usually chicken, pasta, noodles, stir fry etc. She makes it healthy but my DD is still not at a stage where she can comfortable have pasta etc. So, I make her food and send it.
    So far I have never really given a thought to what she feeds other children during snack time. I just kept sending for DD.

Now makes me wonder, if I am the one misleading her by not mentioning anything about the snacks.

sindmani likes this.
  7. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

I feel it's just a confusion and communication gap between both you.So it's not a big issue.Just sort it out and nothing to worry.

sindmani, Rakhii and luvli like this.
  8. luvli

luvli Silver IL'ite

I feel the same too. You can just start a discussion regarding lunch menu and ask her if she gives something for snacks to kids. You can tell her I would like to slowly get my baby eat day care food. So I would like to start that with snacks...

sindmani, Rakhii and lgirish like this.
  9. sanvi5

sanvi5 Silver IL'ite

Rakhi you said you saw lunch menu.Did the day care person give your the snack menu. Usually they also give you snack menu. Ask her do you have a menu for snack ?

If she gives you the snack menu then tell her openly ....ohhh im sending the same snack that your offering I did not know you provide all these can you continue giving the same snack to my DD.

Since you are sending snacks from home she must be thinking your daughter only eats those and the brand that you give. Just talk to her.

2 people like this.
  10. Rakhii

Thank you luvi and Sanvi