1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Free websites to make calls within usa- Sugessions please

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by dollysonpari, Apr 2, 2013.

1. dollysonpari

dollysonpari Silver IL'ite

Does anyone know any free website to make calls within usa from pc to mobile or landline?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013

2. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

Google voice would be a good option, as long as you have internet connection, you are good.I have been using it for more than 3 years now

3. mommynow

mommynow Silver IL'ite

gmail allows free calling within USA

4. Sujakash

Sujakash Senior IL'ite

Even I have been using google talk for making calls within USA.. But the problem is we can call only from laptop... Is there any way to call using google voice from my mobile without using the mobile minutes? Any ideas ladies?

5. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

If you have a landline phone for which incoming is free, make your google voice default forwarding number to that. Install an android app called Voice+ which will place a call back to the forwarding number you set, connecting the number you wanted to call. No minutes or data will be used, except for the app to place the call back. With this trick you can call US/Canada for free, India for 2 cents I think.

6. Sujakash

Sujakash Senior IL'ite

Hi hgulla,

thanks.. thats a good idea but we dont have a landline.. :( but surely will benefit those who have.. yeah its only 2 cents from google voice and thats really cool..

7. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

If you have a smart phone, you could use google voice to make and receive calls without utilising any minutes from your phone

8. Sujakash

Sujakash Senior IL'ite

Hi Shubha,

I have a samsung galaxy and I have installed google voice to make calls..but everytime I use this to make calls to india the minutes do get consumed.. I was using this without realizing and all my minutes got exhausted.. so nowadays i call only from laptop or call during night time or weekends when i have more free minutes..

9. heergarg

heergarg New IL'ite

There is a app called bobsled....u can make unlimited call w/o consuming ur mins all over USA and Canada all u need it Internet:) try it I am using it from 6 months its very nice:)

10. nahor1010

nahor1010 New IL'ite

Use talkatone. its a free app on Android/Apple. You will need to configure it with google voice. you can make free calls within USA and it works over VOIP which means you would not use your minutes.