1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Carry on baggage restrictions

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by vidisha, Dec 8, 2006.

1. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

Hello everyone,

i will be travelling to india soon..i appreciate if any one knows the list of personal and make up items allowed in carry on baggage.

thanks in advance,
    vidisha:wave

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Here you go:

Dear Vidisha,

Welcome to IL. Yes it is confusing . Regarding the GEls, liquids etc...
    you are allowed only 3 ounces ( 100ml) max of each gel or liquid( toothpaste, lotions, haircreams, perfumes, etc). These must be put in a clear transparent 1 quart ziploc bag. That is all you are allowed. all the rest please check it in. You can take prescription medication in a separate bag, but it should have your name on it. Also if you need to take baby formula, better to take powder and use the water on board.

Here is link to Tranportation Security administration website which have more details. let me know if you have any other questions.

http://www.tsa.gov/311/index.shtm

Vandhana

3. sravanthi

sravanthi New IL'ite

Hi Vidisha,
    Recently I went to <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> and I came back to my place <st1:City><st1:place>Sydney</st1:place></st1:City>. They are not allowing any cosmetics in carry on baggage, not even in handbag also. Especially liquid items are not allowed. Don’t carry liquid makeup items in handbag and carry on baggage. And other things you can carry any where you wish.

cheers,
    Sravanthi

4. vidisha

vidisha Senior IL'ite

Thank u vandana & sravanthi.:)

vidisha

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Cosmetics are not allowed in liquid form but it is allowed in solid form.Just check that out...like you cannot take a lipstick in liquid form but solid form is allowed.