1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

It happens only at In-laws's house

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by coolpinky, Mar 6, 2013.

1. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

I think humour sets you free, life is not worth drooling why some one is like how hhe or she is!Its takes time to understand this, in my case may be it happened a little early but i am glad cause i would have bent down to such an extent that i would fear standing straight!I have learnt to accept people, that way you are never hurt!:)

3 people like this.
  2. GiJoe

GiJoe Silver IL'ite

I think you can create a mega serial with your life, start writing a script.

Your DH is a lucky guy enjoying all the pampering :hide:

3 people like this.
  3. ashwinid01

ashwinid01 Gold IL'ite

OMG too much.. CT Scan for mild cut.. Doctor got rich between your DH and MIL. Dont mind me saying this but looks like your MIL is specimen.. Please take utmost care of her.. Rare specie... :D

5 people like this.
  4. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Bet majority were SIL & her side...... :) My MIL entertains only her daughter. The only people I've seen getting asked for lunch/dinner are SIL & her husband and his parents. Even when her own mom comes, she only talks all the time and when its time for lunch, she asks her isn't she having it at her other brother's house, which is in the same building. :shock: I mean, who 'asks' like that? And poor grand-MIL, she climbs another two floor to have her lunch....

That reminds of another tale...

Grand-MIL likes those electric toothbrushes. So when I was visiting India alone, she asked me to bring one for her. I brought two, thinking she can use them for long term. Guess what?? MIL kept both for herself and told her mom I didn't bring any !! When I called grandma, she asked sadly, "Shreya, did you forget my toothbrushes?" Just imagine my surprise. :shock: I obviously blurted out, "I brought them. Didn't MIL give it to you?" She simply said "Oh" and hanged up. I've always felt that there is something wrong between MIL & her mom. MIL leaves no stone upturned to hurt her. :bonk

5 people like this.
  5. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

So that everyone can know wats going on ? hahaha....

6. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

OMG, i cant believe this...One who doesnt give food to own mother......

2 people like this.
  7. bubblygal

I am toying with the idea :)!the highlight is people's imagination powers!I happened to go to dh's hospital to give him a surprise there i met his colleague who is a senior neuro guy, he is like i saw that your dh got hurt!Is everything ok on home front!I was like :bowdown!Whoa man you got some imagination running wild!I felt like asking him do i look like a husband beater?But then never mind i was like yaah i do have an issue on home front dh has vision problems!Hes ageing!The guy was tightlipped!Its a small cut why behave like a delicate darling?

2 people like this.
  8. bubblygal

Same here my mil has some issues with her mother!
    Mil to me:you know what my mother is jealous of me cause i can control my dil and she cant!
    Me :You are hallucinating!I never give a ear to your ideas and why on earth will your mother be jealous of you?
    MIL:No no dont talk like this, you have to listen to me!My mother is jealous of me cause i have lot of money!
    Me:Ok next time i go to chennai i will talk to her about this!And dont start this again me not talkin , me talking , you screaming its never ending!
    MIL:I am going to tell your parents!
    Me:Ok Should i call?Or you will call, and then we will call your parents too!:)
    MIL::rant

16 people like this.
  9. bubblygal

MY dh is a doctor so scanning, blood tests, tablets, dr visits to us are like taking food!My sil when she was pregnant would go for scan every week!And you must have a look in my house i can open a pharmacy!Why should i mind dear its music to my ears when someone calls my mil a specimen!

2 people like this.
  10. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Bubblygal,
    U have extrs orinary power of giving back. Why does your mil bombard u all the time though she knew what would happen? ???. Strange.
    May be she can't digest her food unless she gets proper dose from you

4 people like this.