1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Autism Quiz

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by PinkRubies, Apr 2, 2013.

1. PinkRubies

PinkRubies Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

World_autism_day.jpg

Autism is a disorder of neural development distinguished by impaired social interaction and communication, and by controlled and repetitive behavior.

This condition generally surfaces during the first three years of birth. The neurological disorder affects the functioning of the normal brain function, which has an impact on the person's communication and social interaction skills. Autism is also referred to as Autistic/Autism Spectrum Disorder. ASD is a wide-spectrum disorder, which means, people with this disorder have varying combination of symptoms. While some have mild, other have severe ones. Here is a checklist which can help, to identify if a child could have autism, and have the child professionally evaluated. Early diagnosis and intervention
    using professional treatment methods can help a child with autism lead a normal life.

1. My child shows interest in other children

True
    False

2. My child can show or point to ask for something

True
    False

3. My child brings objects over to me to show something

True
    False

4. My child imitates me

True
    False

5. My child responds to his/her name

True
    False

6. When I point to an object across the room, my child can focus on the object

True
    False

7. My child looks at the same things that I am looking at

True
    False

8. My child can walks

True
    False

9. My child never makes unusual finger movements near his/her face

True
    False

10. My child attracts my attention to his/her activity

True
    False

Answers

The first six questions are considered "critical" and a child fails the checklist if you have answered two or more of the first six questions as
    false. Do remember that not all children who fail the checklist will meet criteria for a diagnosis on the ASD. Nevertheless, children who fail the checklist needs in-depth professional evaluation.

Please note that this checklist is not a replacement to the formal autism screening that can identify the disorder in toddlers/young kids.

courtesy:kidsgrowth.com

2 people like this.

2. navis

navis Gold IL'ite

simply saying we all are autistic only the percentage defers,and majority of the cases they can be trained and cured.for more detail information abt ASD one can visit
    Autism Articles