asian international kindergarten

Discussion in 'Schools/Playgroups/Daycares in Abu Dhabi' started by rainafru, Feb 6, 2010.

1. rainafru

rainafru New IL'ite

hi gals,
    i just wanted to know whether any moms here have kids studying/previously studied in asian international kindergarten/school. If so, I would like to hear your opinion on the school/principal/teachers etc..(especially kindergarten).
    anybody else who has any info on the school are welcome to leave their comments...
    thanx in advance!

2. pathak2610

pathak2610 Bronze IL'ite

Hello there

I'm sorry I didnt see this thread before.

My son was in Asian Int. for a yr. & we have a very bad experience.

they are v.v. harsh with children.
    My son was a kid who used to love going to playschool in india (Eurokids) but when we shifted here, we put him in Asian Intl. it took him a week or 2 to realize that he doenst liek this school but we still kept him there as we didt have any other reasonable option.
    after 3-4 months in Playgroup, he went to KG1 & that was the most horrible time for all of us. my son used to often complain that the teacher beat him. they overloaded the kids with studies. a child who used to love writing developed a phobia for it. then there was a time when one fine day he just refused to go to school and didnt stop crying for 3-4 hrs. on reaching school he finally said 'mariam aunty beat me'. he did not stop crying every morning for 2-3 months after that.

the whole school staff became aware of his fear and the principal/headmistress tried to pacify us that no such thing will happen again. my son's section was changed etc. but still the study load was too much for him. i could not pull him out of the school as i didnt have any other option.

(before all this happened, i had twice met the principal - once given her a print out of govt rules against beating children & second time softy warned her that we will complain)

Once i reached the school in the middle of the school timing and the physical activity teacher was sitting with a long stick in her hand making KG1 students do some physical exercises. i guess that speaks a lot about them.

Luckily For KG2 we got admission in Our Own and we could immediately see the difference - in the studies and in my son. within a week he started loving school.

Others might be having a different experience, but I definitely recount that time with Asian International as HORRIBLE.

Please take care before sending your child there.
    P.S. we found out ourselves - they are overcharging in terms of fees, books, uniform & transport - more than double of what is allowed to them by the ministry.

3. AnniePhilip

AnniePhilip New IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Hello There..!!
    :hiya
    Sorry to hear abt the issue .... :cry:

I guess this was posted on 9th Sept 2010.. well i have my child studying there...in KG 1 2012-13 .. im sooooo happy with the curriculum offered to my child..,,They have a learning method beyond the text book ... and children are treated very friendly , as my child is impressed a loots with her class teacher.

They have put up with a new teaching techniques which makes the children more thorough with the alphabets and the exercises given. Well..frankly telling i did nt feel that the fees nor the transportation,uniforms are soo expensive when compared to other schools and do agree that they collect as per the norms of the Ministry of Education ...

I find that the children are given special care and even they are handled with caring aunties.. From the start of a day to the end ... My child finds very happy and she is really enjoying every moment in school...

GOOD JOB ASIAN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL ... and KEEP GOIN... :thumbsup

Looking forward to have a school of yours with higher classes and sections ( As im concerned about her education after the KG II :rotfl )

:thankyou2:
    [/JUSTIFY]