1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

March 7th - World Book Day!!!

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by iswaryadevi, Mar 2, 2013.

1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Book Lovers,

Come March 7th, it is World Book Day :party

World Book Day is a celebration of authors, illustrators, books and most importantly, it’s a celebration of reading. In fact, it’s the biggest celebration of its kind, designated by UNESCO as a worldwide celebration of books and reading, and marked in over 100 countries all over the world.

So lets celebrate the day in our very own IndusLadies :cheers Come share with us which book you have in mind to read on this special day for us!? More importantly, all the married members do let us know which book you are going to gift your kids :idea

After reading do share with us a brief review of the book you read so that it will benefit the other book lovers.

First let me start! I have decided to read The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hermingway. Its a pretty small book, just 100 pages, but supposed to be one of his most famous short story. I Will post a review once I complete it.

Now what are you waiting for? Start sharing with us which books you have in your mind :thumbsup

2 people like this.

2. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Good thread.. Well, I have been wanting to buy Steve Jobs - Exclusive Biography. I shall buy this on this occasion..

And Berenstein Bears Series for my kiddo.

:)

1 person likes this.
  3. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

good thread Ice..

I have some tamil books in my hand,among them am going to read, "chiththirappavai" by Akilan....my long due...

And for my girl, I have some drawing books. going to give them to her..

1 person likes this.
  4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Finished reading The Old Man and the Sea. The book no wonder bagged the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the Nobel Prize in Literature. It totally has just 3 or 4 characters. The story mostly travels with only 2 characters. Some books you start reading, and you just can't stop in between. They go so nail biting interesting that you forget to even blink your eyes. We tend to finish such books in a day or two.

But there are other kind of books. They are so heavy and have deep knowledge. You can read a page or two only per day. We need to take a break in between several times to let the story sink in us. Its like buying a ferrero rocher chocolate box and having one choco per day, and enjoying the sweetness slowly. We may even have to reread some paragraphs, or the whole novel. This book belongs to this category. Its only 100 pages, but took me a week to complete it.

The book proves that its only the journey that matters, and not the destination. Well, I don't want to reveal anything more. Do read it people, I am sure you will enjoy it!!! :cheers

5. JananiSubbu

JananiSubbu Silver IL'ite

hai....

good to know about World Book Day.....i am reading "THOUSAND OF SPLENDID SUNS" by Khaled Hossini.....very different kind of book....it makes me to turn the pages on and on...will give my review soonnnnn...
    "The old man and Sea" will be next my preferrable book:):):)

1 person likes this.
  6. subap

subap Junior IL'ite

really good to know about world book day in on mar7th ..thanks

7. vidhuamu

vidhuamu New IL'ite

happy world book day to all book lovers,,,