Good Gynecologists in Chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by Rad, Jun 8, 2007.

1. ShaliniN

ShaliniN New IL'ite

Re: Dr. Geetha Haripriya

Hi ppl.

I am Shalini.. Newly joined Indus Ladies.. I got married an year back.. i am 26 yrs old now.. Planning to have a baby next year ,i wud be 27 that time.. I am planning to consult a gud gynec for getting proper suggestion on this and proceed accordingly.. can some one help me out if Dr. Andal ramalingam in Ayesha hospital is good??

1 person likes this.
  2. preethi27

preethi27 Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

Do anyone have experience during delivery with Dr. Prema Thiraviaraj (Athipathi hospital) Velachery. I know her personally but not sure of the facilities in that hospital.

Pl share if you have any experience in that hospital.

Thanks

3. Allie

Allie New IL'ite

Hi all,

Just to give you an information... I saw some ppl here recommending Dr. Anitha parthasarathy ...so I thought to share my experience... I had my second child at the AMC... The doctor and staff were ver sweet before delivery... But after birth... The care is not sufficient.. We had asked for ac room.... Such a small one they gave... It was so cold when we switched on the ac and so hot if we switch it off... No ventilation... Nurses come so much after we call... I had a c- section... So had to stay for 5 days.. After 3rd day, they took away the blankets from the bed! Even when i offered to pay extra, they didnt give me! I had to get them from home!
    But the worst is not this....my stitches didn't heal properly even after 20 days....some thread was left out that was poking my stomach...pus formed in it. I got scared and informed the doctor (not Anitha, who never saw me after the operation, by the way). She said its nothing...it will get all right if you wash... I tried all that and waited for 3 more days...still pus was coming... So I went to the local hospital and got some treatment for this.... Very bad experience I had with the doctor and the hospital... So please be careful. I think the good reputation is based on the mother of dr. Anitha...

Take care and good luck with your delivery
    Aliie

4. nitnisha

nitnisha New IL'ite

HI

i don't think smf is a good option anymore coz I had a very bad exp last year.. My baby passed away as they didn't have the latest equipment. They didn't even have enough beds in the labour room and all of us were made to sit on plastic chairs which didn't even have arm rest. Can u believe sitting on plastic chairs within 4-5hrs after child birth. I sat on it from morning 6 to afternoon 2:30.. My baby was pre term and post delivery the doctors comes and asks my husband if they have to give first aid to him.

To top it all when I went for my post natal check.. Dr Shantha (inspite of having my report) comes to me and asks how my baby is doing. Pathetic hospital.. Please think twice before going there.

1 person likes this.
  5. vandanasr

vandanasr New IL'ite

I want to warn all your future mothers against nandini hospital, velacheri. Should have got warned seeing how the hospital has never been painted or updated in recent years and how it is mostly visited by lower middle class people. Got carried away by the fact that it had so many patients. Most people who get admitted for delivery go through a c-section for some reason or the other. The rooms to stay after delivery are too small, overly priced and absolutely substandard. After c-section, I was given a cot with a dent in it. It was excruciating to turn from one side to the other after a major surgery, in a cot with dent. No physiotherapist visited and not even a nurse helped to get me up from the bed. Even the bed did not have a raisable head which is given to patients who underwent surgery. Was not asked to give colostrum after birth and nurses insisted on giving lactogen instead. Babies were bathed from day 1 (they did not wait for umblical cord to fall) and slathered with baby powder. Everything was outdated and against current paediatric recommendation. Paediatrician visited only when baby was born. No visit after that and baby was not even weighed after that. We were advised to let baby sleep on his side, as against the current recommendation to sleep on back. No vaccination was given to baby. The first vaccination was started only on day 9 when I went to remove sutures. Even the regular doctor appointments were handled so clumsily and we were made to wait a lot. Choosing this hospital for labour is one of the biggest misjudgements I have made in life. Please, stay off.

6. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Thanks for sharing all your experiences. I had very bad experience with Venkateswara Hospitals. All the nurses are small unmarried girls. I got D & C there and it was very bad experience. They are not even bothered and patience towards patients. Really Pathetic situation.

Now i have made appointment with Dr.Shobhana - Seethapathy clinic. Insipite of the distance, all ILS recommendations, my friends recommendation are good towards her and the hospital.

7. Stand4urself

Stand4urself Bronze IL'ite

Hi Lavanya,

Did you visit Seethapathy clinic ? Is it good?

I didn't have a pleasant experience with Sri Ranga Hospital in Mylapore. i'm 6 months + now and had come to mom place for rest as i have IUGR. I had lot of hopes when I went to see Radha Madhavan but she didn't inspire confidence
    Hygiene seems to lack a lot. She was sick and sneezing with no tissue or hanky, but covered her nose with hand and with the same hand took her stethoscope to check me .. yeeeks.
    I was asked to take scan which is the next room there. The tech was giving the measurements and the girl in front of the computer was confused and stuck for spelling for few words that shocked me.
    when they gave the report to me. It mentioned "Liquor as adequate". :spin

now i'm in the process of hunting good gyn in and around alwarpet.

I have CSI Kalayani, Isabelle and Seethapathy clinic in the list and Apollo as last resort.

Your inputs will help me.

8. suganyaprasath1

suganyaprasath1 New IL'ite

Hi

Evn i had a bad exp with smf this year... I had still birth in 7th month whtever u conveyed hear is 100% true... nw i m preg again looking for a gud dr near perambur/kilpauk/annanagar pls advice

9. vlaravind

vlaravind New IL'ite

Poor Knowledge of Staffs
    I myself and my wife went to SMF to check the cause for Short breath during the first trimester of Gestation. While providing the history, we already mentioned about the gestational confirmation which was confirmed with Blood and Urine HCG levels. Also we have mentioned that, my Wife is a doctor too. The hospital charged me almost 5 times the actual cost of UPT kit and they wanted us to repeat the test though the blood level confirmation was there. We did that, and fortunately i was made to carry the preg card with its result. As i was eager, i just checked and worried that the results were invalid. We were made to wait for a long time and the hospital staffs didnt give me a chance to say the results were Invalid as there is only a TEST line in the UPT preg card. The staff came back to say that the result was Negative and my wife is not pregnant. This time was agitated a little and said the staff we have already confirmed about the pregnancy and the results which was given by them is Invalid. So, the staff went back to check with the doctor and she came back with a duty doctor who said, may be we need to come again tomorrow to check why the previous results were positive. i was totally frustrated and went back to the LAB to say the results were invalid and asked for repeat though the doctor and the staff did not asked for a repeat. The result was perfectly positive now, and when i rushed back to doctor who reviewed, i was questioned on why did i repeat the test. Later when i said the results were invalid as shown in the figures on the preg card, the doctor said she assumed the value is negative as it was showing only single Line. The Lab techinician didn't know what she gave as a result and even the doctor has not reviwed the result properly. It was very hard to digest a negative sign of pregnancy when it was confirmed several times earlier. As we were already educated and my Wife is a doctor, we knew the value is invalid and the test requires a repeat. What can a non medical patient do in these situation. This just means a miscarriage and the patient would have been given treatment to remove the foetus(abortion). The most irritating part was, the doctor never accepted the mistake and she answered that she can not do anything more and if i need i can chose better hospital and she was ready to accept that she is not doing her job. I have changed my plan on proceeding with SMF, and i am in search of hospital who cares more and also knowledgable. May be the Docs at higher level like Dr.Shantha in SMF have very good knowledge, but they will not be handling every patient. Hence, i would recommend not to take any risk with these duty Doctors who are so careless.

BR
    Aravind

10. vlaravind

vlaravind New IL'ite

Poor Knowledge of Staffs
    I myself and my wife went to SMF to check the cause for Short breath during the first trimester of Gestation. While providing the history, we already mentioned about the gestational confirmation which was confirmed with Blood and Urine HCG levels. Also we have mentioned that, my Wife is a doctor too. The hospital charged me almost 5 times the actual cost of UPT kit and they wanted us to repeat the test though the blood level confirmation was there. We did that, and fortunately i was made to carry the preg card with its result. As i was eager, i just checked and worried that the results were invalid. We were made to wait for a long time and the hospital staffs didnt give me a chance to say the results were Invalid as there is only a TEST line in the UPT preg card. The staff came back to say that the result was Negative and my wife is not pregnant. This time was agitated a little and said the staff we have already confirmed about the pregnancy and the results which was given by them is Invalid. So, the staff went back to check with the doctor and she came back with a duty doctor who said, may be we need to come again tomorrow to check why the previous results were positive. i was totally frustrated and went back to the LAB to say the results were invalid and asked for repeat though the doctor and the staff did not asked for a repeat. The result was perfectly positive now, and when i rushed back to doctor who reviewed, i was questioned on why did i repeat the test. Later when i said the results were invalid as shown in the figures on the preg card, the doctor said she assumed the value is negative as it was showing only single Line. The Lab techinician didn't know what she gave as a result and even the doctor has not reviwed the result properly. It was very hard to digest a negative sign of pregnancy when it was confirmed several times earlier. As we were already educated and my Wife is a doctor, we knew the value is invalid and the test requires a repeat. What can a non medical patient do in these situation. This just means a miscarriage and the patient would have been given treatment to remove the foetus(abortion). The most irritating part was, the doctor never accepted the mistake and she answered that she can not do anything more and if i need i can chose better hospital and she was ready to accept that she is not doing her job. I have changed my plan on proceeding with SMF, and i am in search of hospital who cares more and also knowledgable. May be the Docs at higher level like Dr.Shantha in SMF have very good knowledge, but they will not be handling every patient. Hence, i would recommend not to take any risk with these duty Doctors who are so careless.