1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

dont want to cry and heart is becoming heavy because of it..

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by leesa, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Stay in America. They are threatening your son in some form (my assumption).

2. leesa

leesa New IL'ite

I too assume same as....but even if my hubby asks them they act as if they are innocent. and cries how can you belive a small kid words ....and he cant do anything...

I also hope to stay in usa ....thanks for your supportive words

3. leesa

leesa New IL'ite

we don't want to go back to India but my fils cries ur mom is not feeling well( we cant figure out whats problem with her health we took for total body check up here also... doc said she is fine just acidity due to dieting ) we have to stay with u(makes scene and tells dialouges as if they gone die tommrow)

trying my level best for my sons change .....I confronted them if they tell my son all this I will not send my son to them....they made big scene....and increased there dose

thanks for support...

4. mani75

mani75 Silver IL'ite

Dear Leesa,

Hugs to you and your little one.

As I understand it your Inlaws are still with you visiting and spending time with your son .

They have used this time to influence him and tell him a lot of rot.. they have probably put it in him head that he would loose his parents and/or his other set of grandparents if he takes their name or love them. they have threatened him some sort of bad things that would happen to you if he did something.. they have played with his little mind and twisted things around.

As his parent you have to build your relation with him and get him to trust you and himself. Only you can do that.

Girl I am so angry with you for letting this happen, eventhough you had a bad experience with them when you were in India.

FIRST THINGS FIRST - "SEND YOUR INLAWS BACK WHERE THEY CAME FROM" If its not possible due to some reason, take your son away from them - they are bad for him. He needs to be away from them and he needs you to reassure him.

You also need to take control of your life. The first thing to do is to take control of your kitchen. this is your home not theirs ... cook what you would like to eat, what your child will like, and make enough for everybody. If they do not like they are welcome to cook for themselves. Treat them like guest. If she screams makes a scene just watch quietly without any emotion or reaction or is continue to do what ever it is that you were doing before this meltdown started. Dont pay any attention to it. It will stop.

If your FIL Threatens to drink pestiside, poison... etc calmly tell him that you are going to call 911/ police and inform them as suicide is a crime and the police will take him to jail and will also cancel his visa and send him home. And this will mean that they will blacklist him and will never ever allow him back into USA. Just say this and pick up the phone. Then see that fun.

Never ever leave your child alone with them. no matter what they say or what they taunt.

Spend every moment of your time that you can with him. Involve him in your chores, when he cries or whine - let him for a minute.. then very lovingly tell him that you cannot understand what he wants or what he is saying as the tears are mixing up the sounds... so can he calmly tell you what the problem is so that you can help him fix it. This will take time but will reinforce yours childs faith in you... which is most important

With all this day to day dealings with Inlaws we forget to focus on what is important.. our child and husband. So cut down your interaction with inlaws, stop reacting to everything that they say or do... focus on your child.

I wish you happiness and love
    Mani

ps check out the thread here " it happend only in Inlaws house.." for a few laughs and lots of tips to deal with Idiots like yours.

PPS : Dont CONFRONT Doesn't Work will tell you from experience . Instead find a solution.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Don't go back to India dear for ur life will be worse. Better take control of ur life and home. U need to take care of urself and ur LO so don't fall in the trap of ur in-laws.

6. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

Leesa, I feel so sad that someone can manipulate a small child.

You said that you cannot complete cut relation with them. I suppose you are in US and inlaws in India. Try to accompany your son when skype with them. If ur DH not present, simply disconnect in 5 min and later blame it on modem/internet connection,etc. Plan some outing/playdate/potluck around the time they want to skype. You just have to make it look like its all happening naturally. In the meantime, try to get your son spend more time with your parents, thru skype,phone,etc. Basically to bond with them and for your son to get attached to them.

I guess all in-laws play this emotional game of falling sick, heart pain, as soon as their son tries to confront them or even ask something logical. You can never prove it as drama. My DH's parents always does it. Always same chest pain or stomach pain or head pain. I have lived with them for 6 months, never seen such healthy people, they didn't even catch cold. But in front of their son, they will always portray as if they are struggling with health. And DH always always believes it without any thought.

For you, good thing is ur DH believes you. Keep him informed about ur ILs behavior, but don't complain on his parents constantly. Try to spend more quality time with your son, son with ur parents.

7. leesa

leesa New IL'ite

thanks for your kind words mani ...ya everything is my fault ....I let them to climb my head ....
    till date now also iam reacting because of my son....mani I don't know I never fought for my husbands money nor for my gold(when they gave everything to her daughter)...from day 1 she never let me to do puja also when iam there ... I should not touch anything... I never cared for anything...when ever they are sick ..I was there with them.....I was married at 19yrs mani...I respected them a lot ...but dicted me...now also I feel guilty I should not do this to old people...why cant they behave themselves??? here my mil she took the master bedoom and all the walkin closet and also dresser(she is here for 6months and want everything) that's not matter she said one thing by showing the shoe rack she said u can keep ur dresses there...Is she mad?? when I came to usa I got admission in top 5 university they made big fight and my fil used some wrong words to my dad so dropped college....my hubby feels bad for it ...now also he says u should be strong ...my pregnancy also its like torture...
    leave everything they should not manipulate a small kid....and his innocent mind.
    they left out 1 and half month back.. but again sils are asking my mil wants to come to summer again...

I checked the thread " it happens only in inlaws house" laughed a lot....those funny things happen only in inlaws house

try to change myself to be strong ... came to know life is not full of good people...so be strong .....about my little one want to take control about him

8. leesa

leesa New IL'ite

will try to do what ever u said priya... thanks to baba because atleast my dh is on my side..these inlaws they are all healthy and plays this sick drama...sorry to know about u..even your inlaws play this drama...some times we also feel guilty when they constantly says they have heart pain...so some times there son also falls into there trap don't worry about it priya...u know one thing priya..my middle name is also priya..same pinch

thanks for your supportive words now iam feeling better and thinking i can change my life....and I can change my little one

9. leesa

leesa New IL'ite

don't want to go back to India ...don't know how come it works tulip...atleast for my sons sake I want to be here..i don't want make my ds life complicted because this manipulating people all around him...

10. Haya

Haya Gold IL'ite

leesa,

i really felt bad reading your post, what happ is happened, u cant change
    but you can change the days coming
    you have to be strong for your kid, i think he is really scared with something
    thats y he is crying everytime you ask him
    poor thing, must be feeling terrible
    but dont worry, kids forget things very easily
    talk to him every time, paly with him, make him forget the things he is scared about
    you know a mother can do wonders is she sees her kid in trouble
    so you can do it dear, the first thing you have to do is make him feel normal
    help him in getting rid of is fears, if he is scared of talking abt ur parents, dont force him
    give him time, cut of all contatcs of your in laws and ur DS
    even if they are grandparents, if they can do something horrible like this to a small kid, they dont deserve to be treated as grand parents
    concentrate on ur kid now, and leave everyhting behind, ur inalwas health, their words
    nothing shoud bother you now, only your kids health
    you are very kind and gud at heart and thats y u still fall for their traps
    but remeber everytime what ur son is going through becauase of them

be strong and you can do it dear..prayers for you