Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Prana, the pictureslook so, so good!!

2. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mam,

Usually make Apam following your recipe and get super spongy Apam..Attached the photo in virtualfeast thread.

And made Honey Amla.Attaching the photo here. Please have a look at it mam.Plz clarify my doubts mam.

1.Can we make this with only honey?
    2.Do we need to sun dry it? or just keep it as it is..

thank you so much for the recipies mam...

3. Chitvish

4. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Mam, the recipe I followed is Honey Amla..

In this recipe, you included sugar along with honey..Thats why I asked, if it can be made with honey alone, omitting sugar...

5. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,

tasted the vadumangai today. what to say.... it tasted exactly like how it was made at my maternal grandmom's house when i was a little girl... the yearly stock that we got and enough to get curd rice fast into our tummy... i'm so so happy and thrilled that i made the same pickle all by myself... and all credits only to you:)

6. Chitvish

i cannot comment on it since I have never tried it.

7. Chitvish

Dear lata,
    This is one feedback, I was waiting for:) You have chosen the correct quality of vadumanga, followed my tips to the core and finally waited patiently. So, dont waste your credits on me!

1 person likes this.
  8. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Mam, its your recipe only..only thing I modified is, I cut the amlas after boiled in hot water(tied in cloth and put in the hotwater) as my DD wont take one whole piece.Thats why I asked the doubt to you.

Anyway thanks mam...

9. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear Aunty,
    I tried the ice cream base from the recipe you had mentioned yesterday. I whisked today, but the volume did not double. However, I do not have an electric beater - I have only a hand whisk. Can you please tell me about the following:
    1) how long should the stirring done,in order to get the sauce-like consistency?
    2) Since I have a hand whisk, how long should the whisking be done

We whisked for a long time, but the quantity did not double, not was it creamy.
    I did not add milk powder as I could not find a small packet. Was that the cause of my failure?

Would appreciate if you reply quickly, as I intend to rectify my mistake and try again tomorrow, as we are having Holi holiday.
    Thanks in advance.

10. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithramma,
    Made Sambar Podi & Curryma Podi last weekend. For Cuuryma Podi , I followed the sambar podi procedure for & got it milled. It is really very useful. I made pudalangai curry, brinjal gothsu, red pumpkin vathakuzhambu & today sambar with curryma podi. Mom made brinjal podi potta kai with it. Really very versatile:thumbsup.
    I made Arisi Upma for the first time in my life. I used to hate it as a kid. It is probably the easiest & jiffiest upma & very tasty. No wonder people make it very often. It was very tasty with brinjal gothsu. From now on I'll make it regularly.
    Last week made Tomato Kuzhambu Saadam. The gravy was very good as it is & went well with dosai.
    Thank you.
    Love,
    Damini.