Feedback about The Swingers Dance Studio & Dance Company

Discussion in 'Chennai' started by ssubhasr, Mar 14, 2013.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hello Friends,

First, I thank Swingers for the opportunity given to my kid on swingers stage. We really liked the choreography and the song selection for the kids.

However, I have few concerns about "The Swingers Dance Academy". I would request every mother to check this and think before joining their kids in "The Swingers". This is with respect to the stage show they did recently.

1. I was totally disappointed with the stage arrangements for the kids...am talking about the small kids - to be precise Grooming kids. The kids were not given equal importance. Why the tallest of them are standing in the front? They would have made them stand in V-shape or in U-shape on stage, so that each and every kid is visible. Am really not talking just about my kid...am here on behalf of other parents also, who had a dream that their kid is performing on 'Swingers' stage.
    2. There was no transparency! Till the last day of rehearsal, we were not informed about the stage arrangements. The performance was just for 2:30 mins and it took almost 30-40 secs to identify my kid on the stage...This was the situation of every other parent whose kids were standing behind.
    3. I really dont see a proper picture of my kid in none of the photos. I do accept that some short kids were standing in the front. (I should tell you, atleast this happened because of our effort of talking to instructor / in-charge. Am happy for this atleast). Some of the kids were totally ignored in the photos. Each frame The pictures are really repetitive of some kids. I dont know how about the video! Anyways I have already paid the money to get the DVD. Now am really worried -what if they have covered only few kids in a frame when they took the video?
    4. Though we had been informed that the kids will be given healthy snacks when they r in green room. But my kid simply complaint that they didn't provide anything...ofcourse they did for few kids. You know some kids never ask a third person to give anything to eat...my kid is one of them. She told me that they gave her some water to drink. Thats all! When She came out and said 'mama, am hungry...' I really felt bad She jus drank a cup of milk at 5pm and didn't eat anything till 9:30pm !!!OMG !!! Seems they have just taken care that the kid is not going out of the green room and not really bothered if all the kids were given the snacks…I am really not asking the swingers to feed my kid…atleast they should have had the courtesy to make sure that every kid had been given the snacks. If this is not possible, then give the responsibility to us – the parents.
    5. The timing…The grooming kids batch was the last to perform among the other kids batch…almost at the end of the show…!
    6. Regarding the tickets – When the seating arrangement chart came to our branch, the first 3 rows were already taken over by the other branches. And we were left with only few rows – D row and H row, that too only the side seats were available – not the middle ones. I totally disagree with this arrangement. You would have opted for online purchase of tickets. So that, whoever opens the site first and pay for the tickets will get the good seats irrespective of the branch. In this way, everyone will be given a chance to book the first row.
    7. Finally - After the show, the way the kids were handed over to the parents were simply horrible...I was so scared that my kid should not fall from the stage before I grab her from that place ! I was just simply praying to god for all the small kids who were standing in the front.
    Swingers had left only bad memories in me. I was so enthusiastic and was so proud to join my kid in swingers. But now I really feel bad for that. I have so many questions in my mind – why the kids were not treated equally? Why there is no transparency? etc.

Please be careful before you join your kids in Singers. I would be happy if this post is of any help to the parents. And would request every parent to share this in their wall and also with their friends & relatives.

Thank you

2. Laxmiaditi

Laxmiaditi New IL'ite

Hi Subha,
    Thanks for posting about your views about this Dance School. Yes Mothers need to be aware of such things before they put their kids in dance classes and in particular when the summer classes are going to be a major money making business.

1 person likes this.
  3. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

you are right Laxmiaditi

4. Ramya04

Ramya04 Bronze IL'ite

I agree...