1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Missing MIL a lot :(

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by sansmomy, Mar 19, 2013.

1. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

its okay to miss someone so badly... crying is not a wrong thing to do... cry... but dont make it a habit that u bawl all the time... i have a belief that somewhere... that person u miss will be watching u... n will feel v bad/sad that the people who they loved/left behind are sad n crying....

share the grief together... good to know that ur hubby understands... relatives n others doesnt matter here... more imp is ur hubby... he to lost his mother... (generally guys are bad at showing sadness i believe)... so u need to help him move on... grieving all the life for something is bad for ur future life... ur lil one! so grieve but move on too!!

2. Flyhighbluesky

Flyhighbluesky Silver IL'ite

Wow!.. I actually dint believe such mil-dil duos existed! Kudos!... having said that i'm extermely sorry for your loss... May God be with you and your family!

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Speak about your grief to your DH, and let him freely share his grief with you. Do not avoid such emotional moments. I know it makes both of you cry, what's wrong with that. You cry it out as much as you want. Let the grief go out from your hearts slowly.

I lost my dad some 5 years back. It was a sudden demise, so we were just unable to bear the fact that our dad is no more.
    Initially we kept on covering our feelings for others. We thought either mom will be upset or my younger sister will be upset. We just don't want them to cry as they can't control their emotions. They too tried much to avoid such situations as they feared of crying infront of others. But that made us feel the pain as row as the day when dad died even after several days.

So, finally as someone advised, we started talking about it openly. At least one would end up crying, and the talk would eventually stop with that. But we continued this untill we felt normal about it... Even we continue to remember dad and his acts everytime when we are together. But no one cries now. Its all just a happy memories.

Cry and let your tears wipe your grief. Don't cover it....

1 person likes this.
  4. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Do not think you are an orphan. you are not. Look at the bright side. your MIL was relieved of the suffering.

Be greatful that you had someone so loving until now. You got love until now. These kids n the orphanage were not even that lucky. You be to them what your MIL was to you. Try living your life like her for your own child and for these kids. Time heals and this too will pass.

It is difficult to forget, but life must go on.

1 person likes this.
  5. sansmomy

sansmomy Bronze IL'ite

This is indeed a wonderful thought. Thanks to all of you for showing care and support - i felt much better.

6. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sansmomy,

My hugs to you dear, I just couldn't control my tears when going through your thread because like you I to lost my MIL a year back but frankly I don't miss her though a void is still there but all her memories keep bouncing back though I try my best to avoid thinking about it.. coz she was not so good MIL..

Don't worry all of us are born with an expiry date.. but what kind of lasting memory we create in the minds of our near and dear one's are more important..
    I was bowled over by this quote, you are really really blessed to have such MIL even if it was for a short period, you will have loads and loads of pleasant memories of her which will make you happy even if you think of it.. I have asked God this question a 100 times.. why cannot my MIL be kind to me, why cannot she find a daughter in me, what have I done to her I have not even snatched her Son from her, I stayed with her till her last breath.. even today if I happen to see any MIL/DIL laughing and chatting I suddenly feel the pain not that I am feeling jealous but I missed such moments with my MIL.

Try doing all the good things your MIL thought you, never cry when you think of her but instead thank God for giving you such a loving MIL, promise yourself that you will have the same attitude to your future DIL/SIL, remember you are one of the lucky few who have such happy memories.

7. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

Believe that you have 2 angels ur mom and MIL looking above you....