1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Support group for losing weight

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by pooja, Oct 4, 2006.

1. shgaddam

shgaddam New IL'ite

Hi,
    I would like to join this group.
    Loosing weight is really a very difficult task, which I had been trying for over an year now. Mine is a sitting job and how much ever i cut my food, i find it difficult to loose weight. I am little lazy to exercise. But with a group like this and the encouragement we get from this group, i think it will definetely be possible.
    I had just downloaded the GM diet with Preeti has attached. Thanks a lot guys for the encouragement.

2. janaki

janaki New IL'ite

Thats it!!!!!!

Hi Preethi,
    It felt wonderful to read ur message!
    I will remember to take a break before I repeat the G M diet.I really have to plan it cos since I am in an extended family I rarely get a chance to act or eat as I wish!
    But I dont observe any drop in appetite,may be due to the fact that I am always conscious &careful about what goes into my tummy even before I tried this diet.
    Anyway I wanted to ask you-Cant we more often take this all fruit&all veg diet as &when we wish-say for 3 days or so every 10 days? I mean without this rigid program of one week?May be the results will not be so spectacular,but it will act as a good way to cleanse our body &discipline the system.I would like your comments or suggestions re this. Thanx a lot for the concern.Bye.

3. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

veg and fruit diet

Dear Janki,

Congrats for the finishing touch..:clap

Your success will encourage others also.
    My daughter does that sometimes . When she feels like it she'll go through the fruit and vegetable diet once a week. I trhink you can also do that.. It is not tiring..

Latha :wave

4. nakkamanju

nakkamanju New IL'ite

trying hard to loose wight

hi all ,
    i am new to the group and really motivated going thru this thread abt weight loss ....post delivery ia m really trying hard to loose weight which is really tiring with a toddler on hand so count me in i cant go on GM diet as my constraint being my 1 yr baby who keeps me on toes all the time so do give me some pointers which will help me to loose those extra pounds ...,,i am following the water therapy right now and trying to do pranayama when evr i get time but just wanna know if i am doing it right ...can i do pranayama after drinking watre or do i do it on empty stomach ......

looking frwd for the support of the group
    tia

5. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

to start losing weight

Hi nakkamanju,

Welcome to IL and weight losing support group. We are all trying to lose weight somehow or the other. Some are trying to lose lots and some about a kilo or two whichever is needed for them.
    Take warm water with lime juice in the moning. ie one cup of water and juice of half a lime.
    Whenever you can drink water, particularly before food and not after food.
    Try to do small bendings and stretchings whenever you can at home.
    Climb staircase instead of going in a lift or an escalator.
    Walk to the nearby markets.
    When you are sitting, Stand up. When you are standing, walk and when you are walking, jog or skip. Just kep moving, That much you can do with your toddler.
    From your food cut out ghee and fried foods ,even papads for sometime atleast. Ie till you see some difference in you. Then you'll get the motivation you require when you start seeing the results.
    Then you'll start controlling yourself.
    Drink fruit juices and not soft drinks. No to aerated drinks of any type. Fresh juices without sugar and salt . Always remember this.
    My response had got bigger than your post. Hope I have not bored you with all this
    Latha

6. nishajeet

nishajeet New IL'ite

ia m here

hi i too wnat to losse wait plz share tips with me

7. ashanm

ashanm New IL'ite

Hi all

Hi,

I am Asha. When i came to US i was all in good health .After that my periods becam irregular and stated to put on weight and i put on 35 pounds extra .I went to doctor she told i have polycystic ovaries ..so i need a lot of physical work that is 10000 steps to maintain weight and one hour exercises ...then my father-in-law sent us yoga and pranayam cd from india...i started doing 20 min of pranayam and 40 min of yoga in morning before bfast.In the evenings we started going to gym and doing 30 min treadmill ...i last 20 pounds in 4 weeks ...it is working me great ..and still i have to go a long way... i am glad to join with you all ....doing yoga and pranayam is great than starving ....it is my experience ...i am hoping to share more with you all..
    love
    asha

8. beenareddy

beenareddy New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

Im a new member to this forum. I was delighted to see this thread which was useful for members like us who are suffering to lose weight. I want to lose as much as 10 - 15 kilos.. but always skip my diet and excercise plans in the mid. I cant go the gym because our apartments do not have a fitness centre..., but i want to lose my weight, and get back to shape.. hope i will continue my excercises and diet with the support of this group.

beena.

9. lavanya505

lavanya505 New IL'ite

GM Diet working for me

Hi all,
    I started the GM Diet from Yesterday and I lost 2 lbs by today morning. Yesterday the Diet was Fine with Fruits. I took water melon,cantaloupe,grapes etc and night i had some asian pears and cantaloupe and i took 7 glasses of water. no headaches till now but yesterday night i felt some what hungry .
    Haa Today it is really horrible. I tried to bake potato for breakfast. Obviously failed. I don't like eating raw/cooked veggies:x .... but i am eatinggg:| .... I had a salad for breakfast with letuse,tomatoes,cauliflower,greenpeppers,etc with fat free italian dressing. I bought some cooked veggies(with lemon,green peppers no salt/pepper) for lunch to office. I am scared to death to eat that.. After coming to USA i put up 5 kgs weight. so I am trying to reduce that as we are going to india vacation.....
    I Copied my 2yrs back picture and recent picture side by side into a single bitmap file and kept it on my desktop/handbag/Kitchen/Fridge top (offcourse I am hiding them if guests are coming) which are reminding me not to Quit this Diet. My Husband was inspired by Me:clap and started this diet from today. The only thing that is bugging me is how to control food craving during weekend(tommorow and day after).. I will update you guyz with my status:wave .

10. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

weight losing diet

Dear Beena,

Losing weight is nice but maintaining a diet and exercise program together is difficult.
    Do not go through a very harsh diet. Start with warm water and juice of half a lime. It'll give you results soon. Drink lots of water because lack of water in your body will cause water retention . So drink water at regular intervals. I have had enough experiances with this.
    Skin will not dry easily and you will not have dryness problem even if you sit in a AC room . Eat fruits and nuts whenever you feel hungry. Eat slowly and enjoy what you eat.
    Do not eat biscuits and other fried and baked goods. Do not drink aerated soft drinks not even diet colas.
    Be careful of what goes inside your mouth. You'll lose weight sooner than you think.
    Latha :wave