Am I pregnant?

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by devotee, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Bhooma

Bhooma Bronze IL'ite

Re: hi..

Isnt it always better to get checked if you feel that something is not alright?

I would sincerely advise u to go and have a talk with ur gynaec just to ensure that everything is alright

take care

cheers

Bhooma

2. Riya_08

Riya_08 New IL'ite

hi ladies...

i would like to know whether i'm pregnant, we started to plan for a family only from last week (15th Jan) my period is due on the 17th but i have missed it, are there chance that i am pregnant because today is the 22nd????

I have regular periods and have never skipped or had a delayed one.

I did a pregnance test yday which turned out negative, do u think i should wait one more week to know whether i'm pregnant???

It would be gr8 if anyone can help me with my query.

Cheers,
    Riya

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Riya,
    It is 50-50!
    If your periods were due on 17th, 15th is very late for conception to take place.Even assuming you are pregnant, it is too early to be revealed in the pregnancy test. You will be able to confirm in a week's time, by test or by symptoms or simply by the delay caused when you say you are regular with your cycle.
    Wish you all the best.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

dear riya
    just wait for another week or 10 days. after all these are based on yr hormone levels. Some times the egg ruptures on 28th day too. just wait.
    all the best.
    uma

5. CharuKaur

CharuKaur Senior IL'ite

dont know if i am pregnant.. need advise

Hi friends

I am very confused as of now.. need advise from you ladies.
    My periods are close to 4 weeks late... i did a HPT twice (as early s this Sunday) and it came out to be negative. i am really scared if it is pregnancy or something else is wrng with me :idea
    i stayed in India for around 3 weeks during this time, and due to a change in my work environment there is a lot of stress in my life also. Some social issues back home in India also came up during this period only. So, i am not sure if the stress and travel and change in life routine could have delayed my periods. I also had a severe cold-cough fever and was on antibiotics during this period.

So, finally a fixed an appt with a Gynie for today...
    she did a physical examination but could not say anything for sure as i am not experiencing any typical preganacy symptms also. She has recomended a bllod test and ultrasound for me.

i am really scraed and confused. dont want to share this with my mom also still as she would get worried too. please help me with ur advise dear friends.

Thanks
    tarun..

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Re: dont know if i am pregnant.. need advise

Hi Tarun,
    HPTs can be false negative sometimes, but thats usually in the first week after a missed period. From what you describe its highly unlikely that you are pregnant, but an ultrasound scan and/or blood test will confirm this. More likely that the stress/travel/illness has resulted in a missed cycle. When are your tests scheduled? I would say go for the tests and confirm things one way or the other. If you are not pregnant chances are your periods will resume as usual next mnth. At this point you can only wait...GL!

Vanathi.

7. sugarnspice

sugarnspice Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tarun,
    Instead of getting stressed out, it would be better if you go ahead and do the tests as soon as possible. I think you probably missed a period due to stress, but it is better to have it checked out.
    All the best!
    Louise

8. vkrithika1

vkrithika1 Gold IL'ite

Hi tarun,

I had the same problem.I also took antibiotics that time.doctor told it is because of the antibiotics.So i think it is not pregnancy.It may be because of the antibiotic you have taken and also the stress.Do not take too much antibiotics.It is better,if it is not pregnancy as you have taken antibiotics during that period.If you are planning to have a baby,while taking antibiotics please ask your doctor if it would affect your baby.

9. Anoo.p

Anoo.p New IL'ite

hi friends ,
    Today morning i did my HPT as it is the 41 st day that i missed my period, and the result was 2 pink lines one line lighter than the other , and now i have a doubt that am i pregnant ,coz i dint find any pregnancy symptoms except leg pain that too not severe and tender breast.We are trying from 2 months ,and in this April its going to be our 2 yrs of our wedding.Just let me know if any one of u have gone thru with same situation.

10. Mitra

Mitra Senior IL'ite

Hi Anoop.

I guess you are pregnant as legs pain & tender breasts are the symptoms of pregnancy .Maybe your pregnancy test might more clear little later.You can take one more peg.test of 2 days or you can consult your gyn.

Don't forget to share if you are pregnant.

All the Best
    Mitra