1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL habit you hate the most

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by TheSahil, Jan 12, 2013.

1. TheSahil

TheSahil Gold IL'ite

I can't believe I have come to the 11th page of my 'not so humble' thread!

2. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

IL also ruled by MILS'

1 person likes this.
  3. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

but i have seen many woman feel relaxed after menopause is over...and after that they start behaving as if they never had to go thru monthly cycle....
    although luckily my MIL is not bad in this area and i really appreciate her for this...whnever i tell myself positives abt her this is one of them...but my MOM used to be like this sometimes...but still not so hateful like cleaning all house but she used to get irritated on our monthly cycles and being a sensitive child it hurt me a lot in past....

1 person likes this.
  4. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

I don't really know.. I don't have much experience in this category.. Just letting you know what I read somewhere...
    My MIL too has been nice to me whenever I was having my periods.. My mom, I guess she doesn't really mind since I have pcos and have issues, so it's a relief when I do get periods.. lol.. And we have a "did you get your periods this month?" questions for each other.. it's almost ridiculous.. :oops:

I guess different women deals with these things differently..

5. Rodrigues

Rodrigues Bronze IL'ite

hi,

What I hate the most about her,is that she din teach her daughter to do the household work!!!...my sil is a ideal example of a 'lazy person'..

6. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

Dear minara,
    My mil wasnt goin thru menopause!She was also experiencing the same thing that we were going thru!Yes she used to b irritated cos of that , but I am not lyk dat normally i tend to distract myself!Well in my case my mil doesnt question abt my pe#$%^@ for child plannin she keeps track of 28 days cycle and even if by chance it gets delayed by 3 days she will look at me as if im defective!Once and for all i told her stop keeping track of my dates i cant insert my hand and bring it out!:)I know its gross but her keeping track of my dates made me nervous initially for few days even i believed I am defective lol!

1 person likes this.
  7. Deepika24

Deepika24 Bronze IL'ite

Mil habit i hate the most is tht she lies alot..

8. Kavi2

Kavi2 Senior IL'ite

my MIL's worst behaviour --she always compares me with her..she says me not to wear western outfits but when she comes to US she asks my DH to get t--shirt n jeans for her to wear.. She says me not to got out for dinner but she asks FIL to take her out for dinner .
    When we share some photos ,immediately she use to put jewels ,new dress n sends few snaps to us and enquires my husband whether he showed the pics to me .. These days her behaviour has become a comedy to me :)

9. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

She acts like an 16 year old, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:bang:shaking:Witsend

1 person likes this.
  10. dahlia

dahlia Silver IL'ite

My MIL doesnt see women as equal to men. I dont understand how an educated, well bred woman can have such inferior stance on women folk. For example, she thinks men have to be served food first, and yes "served"! SAHM should do EVERYTHING at home as husband is working hard to make money. I contradict everything with her of course, try to make her realize that we are not in 1950s anymore.

My MIL must have done papam (sin) in her previous life that she ended up with such a fiesty DIL like me. I do weird things just to make a point like eating before everyone, even though I'm not hungry.

When I was in India visiting their house for a party, I vehemently refused to eat only after men were done eating. I understand that its their house and their rules but I refuse to be treated as a second class citizen regardless where I am! I was planning on telling them that I'll go get a take-out or just not eat anything there. Before I could relay my thoughts, my darling husband took it upon himself to announce to everyone that he'll wait and eat with me whenever I "get" to eat. Needless to say, My ILs were pretty embarrased as my DH was the only man eating with his wife.

2 people like this.