1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The bloody game

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by hpt, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Stand4urself

Stand4urself Bronze IL'ite

Inspiring post :clap Thanks much for the insight :bowdown

Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Hpt,

What a post!

I don't need to tell you that this post will and has already become a reference point to many a woman in this portal.

Only a person who has gone through an enormous emotional upheaval can write something like this. What is praiseworthy is that the emotional roller coaster as not derailed you and instead has put you on the right path to win over the demons in your life. While many double up and struggle with their lot, you have come out of it as a winner with your clear thinking and brave attitude. Good for you my girl!

In penning down your struggle and how you overcame it, you have provided many young women here some solace and a chance at better life than they have now. Once cannot but say thank you for this.

It should come to you as no surprise for being nominated for the FP of the month by DGcreative!

L, Kamla

7 people like this.
  3. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

hi hpt,

Each and every word of your post is very true. I should give you a standing ovation for this. Even though i don't stay in a joint family, even i have faced most of it whenever we stay with them for long duration.

Very inspiring and motivating

shara

4. honeybunny123

honeybunny123 Senior IL'ite

Thanks for posting this.It truly is an inspiration for me.

5. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

6. Heroine

Heroine New IL'ite

Very well written ....you have summed up how to tackle the issues I am personally facing right now very well. Thanks for such good tips.

7. veenabiju1

veenabiju1 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for sharing this....
    You r so brave.
    I need advise ....
    As you said : "When I miserably failed in every aspect of it, I was too frustrated that I want to end it by giving the ultimatum – Divorce!!! ". Now I am in that situation...
    My In-laws (specially FIL) and Hus won't allow me to attend the marriage function of my cousin bro . They also not allowed me to attend the engagement ceremony on 10th of this month.

My collegues are advising me that adjust according to what ur hus says...... This is only ur cousins marriage... so leave that.... but I want to attend the marriage... If I leave this time then at the time of my sis marriage they repeat the same I think so....

My FIL always says that after marriage ur house is this and according to him only after death my body should leave this house.... but this rule is only for me...

His daughter (my SIL) is residing with us by giving a silly excuse that she can't look after her baby all day alone... her hus and MIL doesn't have any prblm reg. this they come on every saturday and sunday and have their lunch & dinner here....

But they won't think abt me how I managed alone with a baby and my job....

8. hpt

hpt Silver IL'ite

@Veenabiju1 Please don't compromise. That is not the solution. It will emotionally drain you. If you wish to attend the wedding, please do so. Others have no rights to dictate your life. If they sulk, let them. That’s not your problem.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. coolpinky

coolpinky Platinum IL'ite

Yes I agree with hpt.
    If they do not want to attend leave them. You dont miss the occasion.
    Next time if your FIL says such things tell him that same rule applies to his daughter also

1 person likes this.
  10. Shruti2212

Shruti2212 New IL'ite