1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

need suggestions bad situation-handling a new job and kid

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by ajuma, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ajuma

ajuma Senior IL'ite

Re: need suggestions bad situation

Hi,

He joined for nursery new school it took two weeks of time for him to adjust. Until then he was crying and saying that he dont want to go to school. But that was natural as he started his new school after play group. Now he is settled in his school.
    during that time i was still at home and making him understand about the new school.

he says he dont like to be with maid and he want to be with mummy. even he is not eating with his grand mother also, he is just drinking some MILO, he dont eat any solid food until i come back home.

2. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

How is the nanny or your mother with the child?

My son was very fussy when I left him with a nanny for the first time when he was around 1.5yrs. He cries loud, never eats, looked stubborn and fussed a lot once I am back from the office. He was unable to talk easily by then, so I could not understand what's his problem. I thought it will be the case with every child, but it was not.

Later when I calmly asked him the reason why during one of our weekends, he showed some sign language, saying the nanny is hitting or pinching him. I was shattered, and I was able to relate this with his behavioral changes too.

This is when I asked my mom to come and stay with me. I got rid of that nanny and the idea of raising my child with a nanny.
    He was fussy for just a few days with my mom, although he knew her very well. But after that, he is very much attached to his granny, and very much understanding too. He knows why I am out for work, and what time I will be returning and why he is not suppose to irritate me (now I am pregnant again). He is just 2 yrs and 3 months now, but speaks and understands lot.

1 person likes this.
  3. seemsagra

seemsagra New IL'ite

Anything new is difficult to adjust to be it child or the mom. for a working parent the guilt will always come v close to you that u r not with your child. I have been working leaving behind my 11 moths old baby-- I am fortunate to have a joint family. But for the nuclear families-- instead of MAIDS i would always go for a good day care center- Maids are not truly reliable and they cannot definitley be a FRIEND for your child. In a day care children see others without their parents and learn and love to adjust that ways much better. They get their peers from an early age and become more independent. ALso due to this time they enjoy a high quality time with their parents when they see them back from work. Sharing increases as you both will have much more to talk about your diff. experiences outside home. My advice will always be SELECT a good day care. And points for selection are -- Looks for a place where the owner is pasionate about the care center. If owner has the passion she will ensure a safe and lively haven for your child!! Other things will not matter then.

4. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Ajuma...how is he now? Any improvement?

5. ramyav_cse

ramyav_cse Gold IL'ite

He will get better...I sent my son when he was 1.5 yrs old to a daycare...he is 23 months old now and still doesnt eat there but doesnt cry either...Im really lost on how to teach a 2 yr old to self feed but about him missing you, he is much older than my DS and should be able to understand when explained IMO. Try putting him in a daycare and do a slow transition - like 3 hrs for a couple of weeks and then increase the time gradually since your mom is here, you cud make use of that.

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013