Endometriosis and Conceiving

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Apu3012, May 8, 2007.

1. anuvarada

anuvarada Bronze IL'ite

Re: Endometriosis

hi huma..thnx for ur response..i hv registered myself with a GP. could you pls tell like how soon we can get apointment with gynaec ..the usual timescales in UK...and what about the cost...any idea??

3 people like this.
  2. SBC

SBC New IL'ite

HI,
    You can also get some more information on
    TTC International

all the very best,

3. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

hi anu

it takes more than one month for an appointment with the lady doctor but it depends also of the gravity of the situation. the cost is free. but verify for more surety.

bye

1 person likes this.
  4. anuvarada

anuvarada Bronze IL'ite

thnx very much huma...i shall approach our GP for more details reg the apointment with the gyneach....

5. Huma

Huma Silver IL'ite

your welcome

take care

:wave

6. meghanshu

meghanshu New IL'ite

Anyone with Endometriosis ? Needs support !

Hello Everyone,

Today i'm very depressed, I 've been diagonised with Endometriosis :cry:

Endometriosis is a condition where tissue similar to the lining of the uterus (the endometrial stroma and glands, which should only be located inside the uterus) is found elsewhere in the body. Endometriosis lesions can be found anywhere in the pelvic cavity: on the ovaries, the fallopian tubes, and on the pelvic sidewall. Other common sites include the uterosacral ligaments, the cul-de-sac, the Pouch of Douglas, and in the rectal-vaginal septum.

General Symptoms are:
    Pain may be felt:
    • -before/during/after menstruation
    • -during ovulation
    • -in the bowel during menstruation
    • -when passing urine
    • -during or after sexual intercourse
    • -in the lower back region
    I've endometriosis outside my Uterus lining which has created scar tissue on my left Fallopian tube and on my left Ovaries. I'm writing all this because we hardly know what endometriosis is and its very dificult to diagonise the same. We were planning for 2nd kid and we were having some problems conceiving and that is when doctor asked for some infertility workup and i had to undergo a laproscopy ,that is when the doctor was able to find out the problem as 40 % women suffers from infertility if they have endometriosis.

Now comes the worst part for which i'm totally devasted which is the treatment.
    As my endo is at higher risk my gynac said only way to treat it is thru putting me in memopause:shock: followed by a surgery which will remove my endometriosis. For 6 mths i've to take an injection called Dupo Lupron which will tigger menopause in me,i happen to read the side effects of this medicine which are similar to menopause like hot flashes etc . I'm so scared . I 'm not prepared for this when i was hoping for another child :-( besides that we live in US and we don't have any family around or any mental support what so ever:cry:

If anyone has gone thru endometriosis pls help me to cope with this and support me and pls pray for me.

Meghanshu

7. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Re: Anyone with Endometriosis ? Needs support !

Dear Meghanshu,

Sorry to note your situation.

I have no other info to support your problem. But, I want to comfort you saying that we are a big family here in IL to give you the mental support you need. Don't feel lonely. It happens in life sometimes. Cheer up for yourself and family.

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Meganshu,

Please don't worry. Its very sad to hear this. But its all for your good health, these treatments are there. So don't get scared.. So many sisters are here for you :)

Cheer up, there is a lovely family there for you. God made sure you are not left alone like that. Everything happens for good, is how you need to see it. Spend time with your kid and husband and divert your attention.

Take care sweetie. Please do post here if you wanna talk, we are all here for you.

9. Ashritha2008

Ashritha2008 New IL'ite

Hi Meganshu...

i did have this condition when i was in college...laproscopy was done and i recovered fully with no damage to my other internal parts....i'm now married for 4 yrs and have recently started planning for baby and so went for check up...my condition is normal...and everything is fine...except for some scarring....

i dont think its a very serious issue....dont give up hope...yes my medication did involve taking some pills which i think is those oral pills(that time i dint knew its significance)....but i had my regular periods...but i do remember my doctor telling that its lot more easier to treat me(rad it unmarried) than married women as it would involve lot of restrictions...

jus follow the doctors instructions and you would be fine. But i dont think i was put under any stage of menopause...do go in for a second opinion...

you are not alone...i'll pray definetely include you in my prayers....if you have any specific question dont hesitate to ask...

All the best !!!

cheers
    Ashritha

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2009
  10. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Very sorry to learn about your diagnosis. But do not worry, lots of women have it and can successfully conceive. Do not go for the menopause medicines if you are not ready for them.

I would suggest you try accupuncture treatment. They have specific treatment plans for your condition, and will help you conceive. In the USA, they have certified accupuncturists who deal just with infertility. You can look them up at the website below.

Good luck and do not lose hope!

NCCAOM