1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Mother in law spolied our marriage

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Nithya310, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Nithya310

Nithya310 New IL'ite

Got married in 2010 after 5 yrs of search after my BE when i was working in IT for 6 years.Im the eldest and have 2 younger unmarried sisters.Both my parents are retired.It was thru matrimony site we got to know

about my husband.We both liked each other very much.They told us he was is working in an East African country and was on vacation for a month.They rushed our marriage within a month saying about our travel.Only

on the day after our marriage i came to know that he left his previous job some 10 months back and came to india after attending an interview for another company where he was informed about his selection orally.

I was very shocked but he convinced me to hide it from my family saying that within some weeks his job will be confirmed.Trusting him and not shatter my family's happiness I waited without informing my family for 1

month,2 month..but he didnt get appointment.He slept day and night and was very idle at home which irritated me and slowly i started realising that im being cheated.In frustration i quarrelled with my husband and told

him that ill better commit suicide instead living in his house being cheated and lying my parents hiding the truth.The next day he and his family falsely reported my parents that im not doing any houshold work and im

not mingling with them etc etc...to scare my parents about my behaviour so that when they come to know about how they have cheated for his joblessness they will not mind that as they are now threatened saying he

will send me back home if i dont cope with their family situation.His mother told my husband to leave me so that she'll find another girl for him as it was only 2 months since we are married.Also she asked me how

come a husband being jobless can become a problem to me as long as i have food to eat in their house.Actually my husband was spending everything from the money we gave them as dowry.Fearing that my parents

advised me and left.

This frustrated me and sickened me.I was 6 weeks carrying then but in depression of being cheated since my marriage the baby's heart beat was not formed properly.I was advised to abort it.I was at my husband's

house with his parents and his grand mother.My husband who promised to be with me left out for some work asking his parents to be with me.But the next moment they also left home leaving me with his grand

mother.After going out his parents sent my husband's younger brother and his sister's husband to accompany (!!!!!) me at home.His grand mother pestered me to sit and chat with those men when i said im feeling very

tired and wanted to take rest.I was sitting for a while and when i got up i fully aborted and my dress fully drenched in blood.I rushed to bathroom inside a bedroom next the hall.As my dress was totally soaked in blood,i

removed it completely.His grandmother came and knocked the door rashly and asked me to open the door.I said her that i have taken off my clothes and asked her not to bang the door as the door might open and

those 2 men are outside.I was in the toilet for about 30 mins continuously bleeding.Then his parents came and his mother started banging the door where i repeated the same asked them to call my husband.She was

constantly banging and so i told her that i have taken off my clothes and asked only her to come in.

The moment i got up from the toilet seat and opened the latch i fainted as i was bleeding for 30 mins.In few mins i got up and was shocked to see those 2 men lifting me up nude and his mother standing and watching

those 2 men lift me.The moment i opened my eyes i screamed at them for which his mother coolly said i need to think them as my brothers and should not make a scene.Again i fainted hearing that and when i got up

i was still left without any dress and my husband's father peeping thru the door which his mother kept open.I opened my eyes and shouted at him to get lost but still he was peeping at me.Then his mother covered me

with the toilet floor mat and i was still lying outside the bathroom.

When my husband came he brought some dress and put over me.I told me all that happened.HE STOOD JUST LIKE A STATUE WITHOUT ANY REACTION as if to ask whats the big deal happened?.It was just 3

months after our marraige but i decided that was the end of my life with him.He said as i had previously fought with him for being jobless now my pain has not affected him anyway and thus he is not able to feel sorry

for what his mother has done to me.It was late night and i was totally exhausted i could not even get up from the floor i was lying.I refused to take even a single drop of water from them and was waiting for the morning

so that i will leave their house forever.I shouted at his mother with the most vulgar and foul words i could ever think of.Even at tat situation im hearing my husband talking to my parents askiing them to bring all my

relatives and a lawyer as im creating a fuzz at their house.Fearing about my health and scaring i might die bleeding thru out my parents came rushing after travelling 8 hours the next morning .

Before i could talk to my parents my husband cunning told them tat to save my life his mother did this.I told them all that happened and i left to my uncle's house as i have to undergo medication for a week.So i was

not able to travel with my parents to my native immediately.After a week i went to their house with my mother and uncle to take all my things.At that time only my husband was there.He refused to give me the gold that

we gave for marriage,my passport and my ATM card which was with him.I left everything there saying i have understood what he needs and im thankfull to God for making me find my husband's true color and left his

house.

I went to my friends house and wanted to join some work.Few days later my husband searched that house and came there.Fell at my feet and begged me to forgive him and asked me to accept him as an orphan.He

promised that will never remind about his parents anymore and we shall leave to that East African country in a month as his job was about to get finalised and he will never go back to his parents anymore.The next day

he brought all his certificates,luggage to my friends house. I believed him and went abroad with him.

My parents who supported him thru'out convinced me saying that once we travelled our lif will be happy as their parents will not be there.After going there he completely ignored my family who supported him for

everything,when he was jobless or when he was non reactive when his mother spoiled my honour.My husband did not have any courtsey or gratefulness for them but ignored them instead. After a month i asked him

why.He said its coz that i have ignored his family he wanted to revenge me by ignoring my family who was innocent.Again i realised this cheating and booked my tickets back home.Again he fell at my and promised

tat he will not repeat this.

But he never kept his promise but he ignored my family to irritate me.But i ignored that thinking its his wish and i dint worry much about.He always showed his anger on me that im not contacting his parents.This

caused friction between us.He repeatedly promised on Saibab's photo saying that he has understood his mistake of reminding about his parents and justifying what they did and ignoring my parents and he will not do

that.Again one day he promised at Saibaba temple tat he will not leave me for anybody.He made promises left them in air.He was never happy and never let me also happy.We thought if we have a baby then things

might change.

After a month week i became pregnant again.From then on he cared me well.HE REALLY REALLY CARED ME A LOT.I was so happy.He never spoke about his family,He called my family and was happy with all.We

visited our friends home,shopping etc...he made sure i was happy. WE WERE VERY VERY HAPPYthen.After 5 months i had to travel to india for delivery.I travelled home happily thinking in another 5 months il be

back there and we'll live with our child happily.

I came to my mom's house directly.From the day i came to india my husband stopped contacting me.He never picked my calls,never wished me for birthday,diwali,never talked well with me.I cried and cried thru'out my

pregnancy for being ignored by my husband whom i trusted.I dint want to repeat the same mistake i did and i controlled my frustration.But i developed sugar due to depression of being igorned by a person whom i

longed to communicate when i was carrying.I REALLY LONGED FOR HIS LOVE AND CARE .Later when my husband talked with me once told me its coz i didnt go to his parents home nor contacted them,nor called

his mother as she was sick developing cancer.Again i became wild when i heard him atalking about his mother.I told him to stop irritating me atleast till me delivery and told him if he talk with me again i might die

thinking about being cheated over and over.

During my delivery i suffered labour pain for 12 hours,all that i can remember was my husband deserted me during pregnancy,this depressed me a lot and i was not able to deliver normally.After few weeks my husband

came to see my son and me.He told me he only prayed and expected our baby to be alive in delivery.I was greatly shocked to hear this as i was believing atleast after seeing my child he would have changed.He said

he'll bring his parents to see my son.But i rejected saying he cant do that after torturing me like this and having ignored me,punishing,cheating repeatedly and having made me cry cry and CRY CRY CRY.He left back

to his job without even informing us but telling my parents that he no longer wish to live with me.

For next 6 months he did not have any plans of taking my child and me back to him.When i asked he said its injustice to his parents if he lives with me.One day i said why cant he ask his other family members to visit

us to see our son except his parents.Immediately he said that he'll process my child's passport.In a week we got his passport.I asked my husband if he had any promise to make this time or anything to remind.He

said i need to come on my own risk and should not belief in any promise that he has made previously.He said he might anytime break it and show my son to his parents.I was again shocked to hear how careless he

was towards my feeling and pain and said i cant travel on my own risk but can come only thinking he will not break my trust.

The very next week my husband said he has quit his job as he is depressed that his wife and son are not with him.I really felt happy to know that he loves us so much and asked him to come immedietly so that we

can live in india happily.But his relieving delayed for 3 months.When he came to india he did not come to my house but went to his mother's house.For the last 5 months he is india.He'll come to my town ,stay in my

house for 10 days,he'll sleep day and night locking the door and never speaks with anybody at my house.He never even plays with my son.

He repeatedly saying as long as his parents are not allowed to see my son he will not live with or mingle with my family or accept my son.I said first lets start living together and he should pour his love and care on me

and my child and make me come out of the trauma his mother has caused and then talk about showing my son to them.I said i need lot of time to forget and forgive them.Till he needs to be patient without cheating me

more and more.

Then i asked him to look for some job anywhere in the world except his hometown.But he refused and had joined a job a week back in his hometown where his parents live.In the meantime we visited a psychatrist

doctor for his depressiion and mine.That doctor told me that my husband had told him that he has resigned his job for not being with me or my son but for being with mother and father and to look after them as she has

cancer.Again another cheating.They have 2 other daughters who are married and are living close by.

Now husband never turns up to us,never gives me money,just dont know what to do.When i said him ill better join a job if he is not willing to live with me he said ladies will go for job with a small child only if they dont

have enough attachment with the child or not care tat or if they are interested in some other men.He asked me if my child is born to my father and why he is shealter my son and me?.Once he said that my child looks

like driver in that east african country.I have previously shouted at him what his making him rush to his mother over and over after causing so much trauma to his wife and said their relationship is making me suspect

him.Coz even after so much life breaking things his mother has done and after knowing she was the cause for all the problems between my husband and me and knowing that our relationship will end if my husband still

goes and stays in her house forver,i dont know why husband cant wait and make my pains cool and then ask for their needs?.

Now to blame me for all problems he is saying that except him all his family members are non graduates.Everybody has completed only schoolings.He is saying this is the only reason that im not liking his family

otherwise everything is good from his side.

He is cursing my parents they will suffer all bad things in life coz they are the ones who stopped me from travelling abroad to him !!!!!!!!!!!!.Even in their dreams they have only supported my husband.But his insane mind

is putting all blame on my parents.I have 2 sisters for marriage.

He his tracking all my mails,fb,job sites etc...changing my password constantly without my knowledge.Reading my mails,message,commenting without my consent.If i try to recover im shocked to see his email id and

phone no updated in my details.How should i handle all this?

Can anybody who understand my pain tell me how to keep my husband off that LADY and how will i get back my husband ?Is it possible?.My 2 years of marriage life is ending everyday without even having started,

2. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

Your husband is a jerk. Your MIL and FIL - OMG! I dont have words. FIL peeping through the door? What kind of a bitch MIL will do that do a DIL? Could she not quickly cover you in a blanket before asking the men to pick you up. Cancer? She deserves it .Bitch!

I dont understand why you went back to him when he came begging the first time. why did you fall pregnant again? Sorry, but you trusted him even when he was showing that he can break promises anytime.

About him running back to his mom. She has cancer!! No matter how evil she is, she is his MOM! mom with cancer. Time with her is so precious. Its scary for anyone. Let him go. Pl be patient in this regard.

10 people like this.
  3. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

I dont know whether not allowing his parents to see your child is right or wrong. But some people just plain deserve this treatment. I wish I had the courage to not let my MIL see my child - esp after all the crap she gave me during pregnancy. If I have another child, I will not let her see. I dont care if its right or wrong. My children will only interact with people who like me. For those like my MIL, she can brainwash children aganst me. I wont take any chances.

In your case, may be you can just allow them to see -

1. Becuase it can cut down you list of problems to a great extent.
    2. Because she has cancer (is this true? what stage? is she dying ? )

4. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

OP- if you could just format the whole thing it would be a lot easier on the eyes.

I couldn't make it through the whole thing, but from what I read " STAY AWAY". Why/what/how is it that you could get pregnant with such a guy:rant Have some mercy on the kid, get a divorce and move on.

3 people like this.
  5. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

is this story for real..?????????

10 people like this.
  6. tulipzz

tulipzz Platinum IL'ite

I am wondering too.

Too filmy and that too by a new member ...

1 person likes this.
  7. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

Nithya,

If this story is true, then whatever happened is too inhuman. I do not think people like him and your in laws will ever change. Vulgarity is engraved in their souls. If it is even possible for you to stay away from him, please do. I do know you still have two unmarried sisters at your place. In order to maintain an iota of sanity and self respect, please get out. That way, you can provide a better future to your son. People such as these should never exist on this earth or any place else.

All the best!

3 people like this.
  8. Memories

Memories Senior IL'ite

The story is bizzare !

9. Wondergirl137

Wondergirl137 Gold IL'ite

How can people behave like this atall...so inhuman it is. Your husband is a classic jerk....he is not capable of standing for himself...forget that he will ever stand up for you.

10. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

You two are out of mind...So you suspect something between him and his Mom and in turn he asks you whether you Dad is the father of his child...really??? and you two call yourselves educated...

About everything else...I agree with you on everything except not allowing his parents to see their grand child especially when his Mom has cancer. What if she dies without seeing her grandchild? Will you be able to forgive yourself?

You two are not alone anymore. It is now all about your kid. Let go of few things and see whether your husband's attitude changes. If yes, your kid will get a happy family and great environment to grow.