Is it cheaper to buy gold jewellery in India or Dubai?

Discussion in 'Shopping/Restaurants in Dubai' started by Nalini32, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Dolly1986

Dolly1986 New IL'ite

sorry i meant its better in dubai than india

2. poo243

poo243 New IL'ite

HI- could u kindly repost ur comments!
    Many thanks!

3. poo243

poo243 New IL'ite

hi, could u kindly repost ur comments!

4. vidyamenon

vidyamenon New IL'ite

price for anything including chocolates are high in airports............thats what i believe

5. Humerafu

Humerafu New IL'ite

Hai Ladies
    thank u so much for information...

6. Swetha111

Swetha111 New IL'ite

I have read all the replies, I just got confused now. Can you guys please confirm the below based on your experience.

1) Buying gold in dubai airport is cheaper or not? Will I be paying only the gold cost not the customs duty , state taxes, VAT???
    2) Somewhere I read that gold bars will not be sold in dubai airport, is that so? if not is there any restriction buying gold bars from dubai airport to chennai?
    3) If the above two answers are positive to buy gold in dubai airport then which shop is best to buy gold in dubai airport?
    4) I also read some where that male should carry only gold upto 10000 INR and female should carry gold upto 20000 INR is that so? if so, is it applicable in all part of India?

It would be of great help if you guys can assist with this.

Thanks,
    Shwetha.

7. jaanu143

jaanu143 Gold IL'ite

I had these quiries from long time....Thanks for starting and sharing suggestions....My doubt is .....how much diff between cost at airport to cost at shops in dubai....like how much %.....Actually i was planing to buy bar while travelling to India in airport.....But after reading all these i'm in dilema....

1 person likes this.
  8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

The government [/COLOR]proposed increasing the limit of duty-free import of jewellery via passenger baggage to Rs 50,000 for males and Rs 1,00,000 for females.

In Union Budget 2013-14, the rule has been amended for Indian passenger who has been residing abroad for over an year or a person who is transferring his residence to India.

Please keep in mind, this does not apply to gold bullion. Here the Customs Duty applies @ 5%

Gold coins are also available at Dubai Dutyfree. while comparing India & Dbai prices, I have seen a price difference of around Rs 6000 to 8,000/- per 8 grams of 22 carat gold.
    Hope this info helps.

3 people like this.
  9. Nalini32

Nalini32 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks sisters for all your advice. It's been helpful. Last week was the 3rd time I stopped in Dubai for vacation since I posted this thread, I have bought some jewellery in Dubai and I must say I'm very satisfied with the quality and price.

10. swehara

swehara Junior IL'ite

Hi Nalini,

Could you please tell me where yoy got gold in dubai as I am planning to visit dubai and this is my first visit.