Any south Indian girls out there interested in making friends?

Discussion in 'Indians in Australia & NZ' started by kittydoll, Feb 25, 2013.

1. keers1227

keers1227 Senior IL'ite

Hey Sara,

Thank you and wish you too the same.

Sure! We should all stay in touch... When are you coming here??

I am so excited for the women's day out :D

Take Care x

1 person likes this.
  2. shareon

shareon Senior IL'ite

Hi all, I've been in Adelaide briefly but currently in Bangalore, I have been following your posts and great going girls :) And Happy Womens day to you all out there!

1 person likes this.
  3. SaradhaRaj

SaradhaRaj Senior IL'ite

Hi keers,

Hope u had a great time for women's day...
    Hubby travelling on june 1st...me will come once he secures a job or by august,whichever is earlier :)
    Btw, where do u guys stay n wat r ur occupations?
    How is melb treating you?

Cheers,
    Sara

1 person likes this.
  4. keers1227

keers1227 Senior IL'ite

Hey Sara,

The day was just usual but had an evening out with friends... We have a long weekend so resting up from all that heat :)

I am in Melb have been around 5 years.. I work in IT ..Melb is like a big coffee machine.. you will love it if you have the right ground!

August isn't far away.. please let me know if I could be of any help :)

Keers x

1 person likes this.
  5. SaradhaRaj

SaradhaRaj Senior IL'ite

Wow...having full fledged weekends is one of the drives behind my aussie dream..
    U see, its still unaffordable luxury for me since hubby is into mech industry n works 6 days/week n sometimes all 7 days :-(
    Great to know that some1 is willingly offering help...thanx a tonne keers!
    Anyway, my countdown to reach melb has already begun....have heaps of info to gather...having few friends would definitely make life better.
    Catch u soon. Have a nice weekend

Cheers,
    Sara

1 person likes this.
  6. pari1989

pari1989 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Kittydoll,

I have been living in melbourne for a year now. I am from Hyderabad, AP. I run a online jewellery page on fb.

I live at st kilda road. I think hawthorn is lil far. but may be we can meet some time.

1 person likes this.
  7. keers1227

keers1227 Senior IL'ite

Hey Pari,

How are you ?? I am from AP too :D but, from Yzag :)

How do you like Melbourne?

Keers x

1 person likes this.
  8. mandeepsingh

mandeepsingh Junior IL'ite

Hi Keerthi,

thanks for ur reply and for all the encouraging words :) . Well... i tried calling up one or two recruitment agencies but they told me that personal appointments are not scheduled until and unless they find a job which matches my skill set. So, is that what u meant when u said:
    "try seeing a Recruitment Agency"
    Am asking this because quite a few people have asked me to get in touch with recruitment agencies, but how do I meet them if I can't get an appointment ?

Anyway... howz ur job going. And how do u find Australia, Melbourne in particular ? Been to other places in Australia or not ?

... arrghh... too many questions I suppose ! :)

And yeah... am one of those few males who have gatecrashed into this ladies' forum, but find it interesting though.

-Mandeep

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. keers1227

keers1227 Senior IL'ite

Hey Mandeep,

Hmm.. you can never find luck if you call an agency as they don't give you an appointment unless it is for a screening.. you could try to visit them and drop in your resume.. in most agencies the receptionists assist consultants for database resourcing so you are not losing the chance for someone take a look at your resume ..

Also, if you are applying for a position through the agency's website join their mailing list so they send you details of jobs or sometimes call you if they think your exp. matches their requirement. If it were me, as soon as I send my resume I would call the contact person to express interest and juss mention a resume was sent :D
    But, good luck you will get there soon :)

We still goat by 4pm on fridays which means work is good :). I have been here since the last 5 years.. I kinda like it... I have visited around Australia but, I think Melb is probably where I see myself for sometime .. How I find it ? Like I always says, it is like a big coffee machine and every thing is perfect if you have the right ground!

How have the few months been for you? Is your wife here too?

-Keerthi

1 person likes this.
  10. mandeepsingh

mandeepsingh Junior IL'ite

Hey Keerthi,

Yeah.. I do exactly that... I call up the contact person after sending in my resume. But as u said...I think I just need to be a bit patient. Will also consider the other option that you told me about. Thanks !

Good to know that ur job's nice and that you like this place. Well.. even I like this place. I came along with my wife and she was with me for 15 days, but is now back in India. Once I get a job here, she'll be back.

Nice to hear from you again.

Tc.. Mandeep

1 person likes this.