1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

shopping in dubai airport

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by rshilpa, Aug 11, 2007.

1. rshilpa

rshilpa New IL'ite

hi ILites

iam visitig INDIA with a layover in DUBAI n iam planning to buy some gold(jewellery or biscuit) from the duty free stores in the airport. is it worth buying? did anybody of u shop there?

appreciate ur suggestions

:thankyou2:
    shilpa

2. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi shilpa,
    even i have seen quite a few shops in the duty free selling gold gud designs and patterns but have not bought any so dunno if its worth buying it!!!!
    regards
    pavithra

3. sssaustin

sssaustin Senior IL'ite

I did not find them to be very interesting and the gold rates were comparable to India.

But many people were buying it.They have a flat rate per piece I think so without tax indeed.

This was some 10 months back.may be things might have changed recently.There's nothing wrong checking it out.If you take Emirates may be you might have more than 6 hrs waiting time.Enjoy and have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please post your experience when you get back.

4. priyanka

priyanka Junior IL'ite

Hi

The duty free shops in Dubai are little costly than the Dubai city market.But people still buy gold in dubai for its purity.The gold rate is fixed in the shop only the making charge differs which you will find much cheaper than india.The patterns are not mainly indian but mixed and mostly internatinal.Many people make a stop over at Dubai ,i think you should too if you wish to shop..

Enjoy your trip.
    Priyanka

5. Swetha111

Swetha111 New IL'ite

anyone brought gold recently in dubai airport, if so can you please share your experience on this?

It would immensely help me.

Thanks,
    Shwetha.