Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. crazyqueen

crazyqueen Silver IL'ite

Hi chitra mam,
    I've a silent watcher of IL... But then i visit only post related to paintings and crafts b4 marriage... Now i'm married and have to cook.. of course a big challenge to me... I came across ur thread just 2 weeks back and i'm so happy.. i'm a working women so i have to prepare bot breakfast and pack lunch in the morning itself... and my husband always need only rice,kulambu,poriyal,rasam and curd rice mostly... and i was bored of making 4 or 5 kulambu repetitively tat i learnt from my mom... and also for breakfast it is always montonous dosai dosai dosai....

But last 2 weeks i have been trying out only ur receipes for all the 3 meal a day and got out of that routine dosai and kulambus... thank u soooo much....

I tried out ennai kathirikkai kulambu, sprouted kollu masala,puli kulambu,lapsi idly, pasiparuppu dosai,bhindhi graan masala... and everything was so good....

I planning to make aapam.. but i found you have added fruit salt. Is it the Eno fruit salt? i have heard only of that. Is there any other brand? also which flavour of fruit salt should i use? I bought lemon flavour. is it fine to use aapam? and in other receipes where you have mentioned to use fruit salt?

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi, thanks for discovering my forum. I use Enos fruit salt, preferably unflavoured. I use it for dhoklas, Kanchipuram idli, sago idli & so many other recipes.

3. Chitvish

Shobana, my blessings to both of you & the children!!

My only request is, follow the recipe completely, you will get perfect results because I post only what I have tried!!

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Thank you Chithramma. Day 2 and i'm eagerly waiting for the 'spice blend' to release water;-)

5. Chitvish

oh, i can believe, latha. beware, sometimes it takes a week for a week, depending on the quality of the mango.

6. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hello maami, namaskaram.
    After a long gap, i am posting here in this thread after completing the process of snana podi. It was my long pending item actually planned for my 3 year old daughter, but recently i was recovered from chicken pox so let me thought of using this snana podi for me itself. So i collected all the items from my nearby naattu marunthu shop as mentioned in your post and powdered it from the machine. From the ingredients i got 2 kgs of powder. The aroma is superb and the after effect of bath is also fantastic. Though some of the ingredients cost is high the outcome is simply superb with high quality of natural products. Thanks a lot.
    My next venture is going to be vadu manga and onion vadam....will post my comments soon :)

7. Chitvish

Nice to see you back. Take care of your health!!
    The snana podi is a great "recipe"!! I used to make it regularly, once upon a time, tillmy daughter got married!!
    Shall await FBs for the lesstried (in IL) of the 2 recipes, you have mentioned!!

8. bhucat

bhucat Platinum IL'ite

Hi maami,

I have a doubt in the harmless home remedies section. Actually i tried http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/1153-harmless-home-remedies-4.html#post8085 cough and cold kashayam powder. You have mentioned that we have to mix the podwer in the water and boil it. Is it safe to give the powder (1/2 tsp) mix with honey directly without any boiling method. what is the significant in these difference? pls explain.
    It is curing the cold and cough effectively. As my FIL had cold nearly 15 days, he did not go to hospital and tried so many other remedies like taking tablets etc. But the cold keeps on continuing for the next week also, so i made this powder and gave it to him, within 2 days he felt the change and the cold is completely cured now.

I now had this doubt because it will be easy if i mix with honey and give it to my daughter. pls clarify. thanks

9. Chitvish

Bhu, sorry, I am not competent to answer this. My suggestion is, if your daughter is 3+, a pinch mixed with honey can be applied on the tongue.

10. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra mam,

Made Omappodi and it came out really well..Everyone liked it a lot.

Here is the picture.Please have a look at it mam...