Periods after laparoscopy

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by VjVid, Mar 4, 2013.

1. VjVid

VjVid Silver IL'ite

Dear Ladies..

i had my lap done on 5th Feb and things are fine in there. we were planning for IUI this march, hence my doc prescribed me to take meprate, 1 tab every night for 10 days from 15th day of the cycle(13th Feb). My cycle was irregular, had PCOD. It has become regular for the past 4 or 5cycles with the cycle length of 32 -37 days.

Now the problem i have is, after completing the course of meprate tabs for 10 days, i havnt got my periods. I did spot on 26th(brown), 27th, 28th. when i say spot, it was there only if i use tissue when visiting rest room. It was not even completely red, was thick stretchy with just few red dots on the discharge(sorry for TMI:(). Is this the period? Does anyone else faced this? or is this implantation bleeding? Am on 34th day of my cycle now. Praying and wishing that something good happens!

Regards,
    Vjvid.

2. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vjvid,
    I don't think those spotting are periods. You need to get some decent flow at least for 2 or more days.
    Have you checked with your doc for the missing periods? How long since you stopped Meprate? If its more than 7 days since stopping, please have a word with your doc. That will clear your confusions.
    Hope soon your confusions will get cleared soon! All the best.

3. VjVid

VjVid Silver IL'ite

Hi Vasu,

Thanks for your response! Appreciate your efforts in responding to our queries.

Yes, i did called my doc on 31 day of the cycle. That was 7 days since i stopeed meprate and today is 13days since i stopped meprate. No signs of periods yet. Doc have asked me to wait till this saturday and call her again. Hoping for the best!

Heartfelt thanks once again!

Vjvid.

4. jyotiparab

jyotiparab Silver IL'ite

all the best...all ur wish will come true :)

OM SAI RAM

5. saran27

saran27 Senior IL'ite

HI,
    y don t u try HPT?if u have a doubt that it may be implantation bleeding?,and after labroscopy the chances are more that you conceive in that cycle itself,hope urs will also be in the success story list,baby dust to u soon...:)

6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hope things are going in the right track. Take care of yourself!

7. VjVid

VjVid Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot Jyoti!

8. VjVid

VjVid Silver IL'ite

Hi Saran,

i really wanted to do a HPT, but scared to see another -ve :( if am testing early and hav a heartbreak again. So am trying to hold frm testing for few more days, probably early next week will test it if i dnt get my periods till then.

Vjvid

9. VjVid

VjVid Silver IL'ite

Sure Vasu. Thanks!

10. VjVid

VjVid Silver IL'ite

Dear Ladies,

I did HPT on saturday and it came as -ve. Visited doc on the same day and informed about the HPT. She did a scan and told there is a cyst :(. She metioned the size as 5.4(!!! is this 54mm!!! not sure, missed to asked abt the units) and told that its a follicle that didnt rupture, she asked me to take meprate for another three cycles, by then this cyst shud be gone. And she have asked me to get a scan done again to make sure the cyst is not there anymore before proceeding further after three months. She herslef is surprised to notice this all of a sudden as everythgn was fine when lapraoscopy was done, which was jus not even a month ago! Dont know whats in store for me:(. Wishing and praying with lots and lots of hope that something good will happen.

Regards,
    Vjvid