Housemaid

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Dubai' started by mahekdeepak, Mar 3, 2013.

1. mahekdeepak

mahekdeepak New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Am new to this group & looking forward to 've lots of fun & share info here:)

I've a Srilankan maid recruited 3 months back. But now 've an emergency and has to travel to India for a month. Now, this lady doesn't want to come along and says she is better staying in my flat alone. Am worried, how do I let her stay alone with no one to keep an eye. Also, is there any formalities for me to complete; like informing the consulate or police. I did ring up the consulate but they were clueless. Can anyone give me the info?

2. Lifeiswonderful

Lifeiswonderful New IL'ite

Hi,
    If she is under your sponsorship,you could register with your nearest police station. But also inform the maid you are doing the same because she would beware doing any hanky panky stuff.As much as possible take her with you or put her with a friend or relative.Much safer that way!!

You never know what they would be upto when you are not around.

Good luck

3. Mumtotwo

Mumtotwo Silver IL'ite

Hi Mahek,

I agree with this. I would not leave the maid at home in my absence...a month is a long time.

But if you really have no other choice, see if you can have some friend or relative come over and call her regularly to keep an eye on her.

Regards

4. Anushka75

Anushka75 Senior IL'ite

Hi mahek,

Pls b sure to carry her passport with u. The best thing is to leave her with a friend or relative.

Cheers
    Anushka

5. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    You can leave her with a friend/ relative. Please make sure her passport is with you. If you do not have any other optin, then leave her at home and request your neighbours to keep an eye on her. Then, ensure that you do not have any valuables (jewellery, etc)