Need tips here and there!

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by itsmebhagi, Feb 23, 2013.

1. itsmebhagi

itsmebhagi IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

I have an year left for my wedding, I still want to start with my planning as we see things being booked so early these days!

I have some idea about how it should be... but again I have no clue on the current rates...

Can people come up with suggestions for the below questions?! I am clear in my requirements!:)

*Looking for a good mandap in chennai... Not too costly... I mean around 4L per day would be the maximum I can afford! I need it for 2 days...

*How much do the photographers charge currently? I want to have a photographer who does creative work + video... Need to capture routine stuff, with a bit of additional ones too! Candid photographers charge around 30k for engagement itself... So in that case how much is it for wedding? Please send me details of good ones you used!?

*Good shops to buy jewellery accessories...for Muhurtham! I am keen on Bharathanatyam set (red+green stone work)... Please suggest shops in Chennai for the same... and the cost of renting!? or buying?

*Best shops to buy sarees... I prefer only pattu or anything that looks traditional... I am strictly against fancy sarees with much of work, because of reusability problems...

*Best Parlour for makeup/hair do... I dont want to have any oily makeup.. it should neither be too less or too much that the face looks abnormal!! I heard lakme is good!! Any other suggestions, that you have personally tried!?

Any other suggesions/tips are most welcome too...

Looking forward for suitable help!

Thanks in Advance...

|| Om Sai Ram ||

2 people like this.

2. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi

For Mandap - do you have any specific area you are looking for? Mandapam again depends on the expected crowd you are looking for and also the dates. So you have to get a bit more specific there :)

Cost pretty much these days could vary depending on the sections you want them to cover like wedding, reception, vritham, nalangu etc. These days the in-thing is on Wedding cinematography - where you get a 10-12 mts movie of your whole wedding - that would cost you quite high. So photography + videography if you engage same person ...may be you can reduce the overall pkg.

For sarees - check out Palam Silks / Sundari Silks.

For Jewellery - you can check out Daminiartisans.com -- they have some unique collection.
    You can also check out Queen's emporium in Coimbatore -- from whom actress sneha had her wedding jewellery :)

2 people like this.
  3. imeandmyself

imeandmyself Bronze IL'ite

Thought of posting the same thread with same requirements but the 'place' is different :) from now onwards i too will follow this thread :p thanks bhagi :)

1 person likes this.
  4. itsmebhagi

Hi Jenz,

Thanks for your quick response!! :)

Answering one by one to your querries!!

I am keen on Mandap being within the Chennai City, suitable for a crowd of about 500-700 at the max...
    Dates: next year mid only!
    Rate: not more than 3-4Lakhs / day

Yeah I have started doing that right now! I want them to cover everything.. also some are doing candid stuff, so in that case a routine photographer + video is a must I guess!!

Great suggestion! I had the same in my mind too!! thanks for the same!!

Definitely I shall look out these two... I am keen on the kembu type sets for overall wedding itself.. So I wish I get the one of my taste!! :)

Thanks a lot for your help!!

|| Om Sai Ram ||

5. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bhagi

For Mandapam, you can check out - EMELEM in Mahalingapuram, Nadar Kalyana Mandapam in West Mambalam, there's one in Koyambedu -- forgot the name - guess it is from Vummidi...and more! :)

6. itsmebhagi

Thanks for the suggestion! Except EMELEM and VUMMIDI rest are small for our crowd! So I am looking out for ones that are quite bigger than mentioned!!

Any idea about the charges for Ramas (Nungambakkam), Kuchalambal (Chetpet), Lakshmi Prasanna Mahal (Iyapanthangal), Aishwarya Mahal (Koyambedu), Woodlands (Mylapore), etc?

Thanks in advance!

|| Om Sai Ram ||

7. Amma15

Amma15 Gold IL'ite

Dear Bhagi,

We had our son's wedding reception in Woodlands, Mylapore in Nov, 2012. It was Hall No 1. Very, very good, I dont remember the rates. It was very reasonable, food was excellent, service very professional and toilets were very clean. The hall had just been redone. Just mail them. They will give you all details. Thats what we did. Its a very beautiful hall, with a Meenakshi kalyanam backdrop. Beautiful lighting. We just fell for it the moment we saw it. They were very good to deal with.
    We also booked a few cottages and rooms for guests. Very happy on the whole.
    Candid photography was by Vinay Arvind. The regular photographer was organized by our DIL's uncle. I have no details.

Love,
    Usha

8. itsmebhagi

Dear Usha Sister,

Glad to see your reply here! :)

Thanks for suggestions! My dad is also looking to get some details about new woodlands, after renovation, heard its really good and all halls have been made into a single hall!! :)

Could you PM me the rates if you happen to remember please...

Also regarding Vinay Arvind, please let me know how much he charges, etc!

Thanks for your help!

|| Om Sai Ram ||

9. Jenz

Jenz Bronze IL'ite

Hi Bhagi

Unfortunately, I am unable to see your private msg. Can you send me mail to this id

thnx!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2013
  10. krvchitra

krvchitra Bronze IL'ite

if you just ask or approach any mandap they will give you a package with caterer beautician etc
    y not try rajeswari