My business

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by svijiya, Sep 20, 2007.

1. svijiya

svijiya New IL'ite

Hi,

I have started an Internet business. Before starting this business, I worked as a Sofwtare Engineer and I was mainly consulting to accomodate my son's school timings. The advantage in consulting was I got exposed to a variety of businesses and learnt a lot where as I could not go up in the ladder and hence not exposed to business experience. Over the period I figured out that I am very good in whatever I was doing and the urge to start the business grew and I decided to enter the field although I do not have much of marketing and managerial expereince. I am slowly learning and I am still a long way to go in marketing.
    I have released the beta version of my portal and I am looking for feed back from people of all walks of life.
    Since this is a prototype only, all the web grapics is turned off.

Regards,
    Vijaya

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2008

2. jaynash

jaynash Senior IL'ite

Hi Vijaya

Congrats on your business.
    Thank You
    jay

3. AnjaliD

AnjaliD Senior IL'ite

HI Vijaya,
    Its great to see women in business.
    Anjali

4. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Vijaya,

Hearty Congrats on the bold move you have taken. Wish You Very Success!!.

I would be eager to add few cents worth input even in marketing.

5. svijiya

svijiya New IL'ite

Hi Jay, Anjali, Leelal

Thanks very much for your wishes. Leelal, Marketing ideas will be really helpful to me.

Once again thank you all and I look forward in reading all your reviews.

Regards,
    Vijaya

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Hats off for starting on your own!!

Nand

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2008
  7. RanjiniS

RanjiniS New IL'ite

Hats off to you for starting something new. I have always thought that I will do it but haven't had the guts to take up such a bold initiative.

Cheers

8. agilats

agilats New IL'ite

Congrads:)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2008
  9. svijiya

svijiya New IL'ite

Hi Nandshyam, Archana, Rangini, and Subha,

Thanks very much to all of you for volunteering a feed back on my portal. As I do not have enough posts, I do not have a PM facility and also as per the IL guidelines (which I would like to respect), I cannot publish my portal address in this message.

Thanks,
    Vijaya

10. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Vijaya,

First of all, congratulations on your internet business.

We defintely want Women Entreprenuers like you coming and discussing about entreprenuership, business challenges, taking inputs, sharing experience and tips to become a successful entreprenuer, etc. But it is a thin line between sharing business ideas and promoting the business itself. We do not want this forum to be used for promoting ones own business.

You may share general information about your business portal, the product or service that you are trying to sell through your portal, the features you have, etc. You may ask those members willing, to review the information and give suggestions, about what they would like to see in a business portal like yours.

Please do not provide links to your portal - either in this forum or as part of your signature while posting messages in other forums. Also, do not post your email address asking members to write to you to get information about your portal.
    Though your intent is to get some feedback, it appears like an indirect business promotion(to get traffic to your site). It is hard to differentiate and few members have pointed out the same.

Please refer our Forum Etiquette - we do not want any self-promotions happening here. If we allow a few, then the site is going to be spammed only with such business promotions. If you are interested in promoting your business among the membership here, kindly write to us at induslady@indusladies.com for the paid advertising options.

Greatly appreciate that you like to respect the site policies here. Thanks for your understanding.

Dear All,

Those of you who were willing to review Vijaya's business portal and provide feedback, appreciate your willingness to help.

Please share your feedback and comments about her business idea in general.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2008