Maid Agencies in Chennai

Discussion in 'Personal Services' started by teju, May 8, 2009.

1. teju

teju Senior IL'ite

hi
    Does anyone know a reliable agency in chennai that can provide Reliable full-time live-in maids to take care of kids.
    If you already have taken a maid from the Agency and are satisfied with them (Agency and the maid), then please please let me know.
    Thanks a lot for your help.

2. jaivid

jaivid New IL'ite

HI Teju

Did you get to know of any such sources? I am also looking for a full time maid... please let me know if you get any links... thanks in advance

Jaya

3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

i took one last year and was not happy. the agency put some contract and i should pay the agency also the salary that i agree to the maid. she was not experienced in taking care of children but old patient. she was always on cell phone and cheated us by taking the child to terrace to feed her and threw the food out (our neighbour saw it and told us) she will happily sleep in the AC room before the child sleeps. and we just couldnt get with her. she didnt return after 20 days and didnt even collect her salary. we kept complainting about her to the agency and it was all like talking to a wall.
    it works this way - for the first month when you pay them, they will send someone and later on that maid may or may not turn up. you lament to the agency and they will answer you very cold - "we gave you a good maid, you dont know how to keep her. ok if you want someone else we will put another contract"
    i still am unable to find someone and she stays with my parents. my daughter is only a weekend baby for us! :( i am missing her every moment. missing her laughter, missing her growing day by day.. sob sob sob

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
    Umanga likes this.
  4. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

btw she was not a live-in

5. kv_shyamala

kv_shyamala New IL'ite

Hi,

I am also looking a livein maid. Moreover, I tried with many agencies and nobody stays for more than 5 days. We could make out their behaviors in 3 days and if we try to push them hard, they will show their sluggishness. The agency will never send another person. I have lost money with
    Nirmala, Reliance manpower consultancy, ashok nagar. When I say that the person sent by you does not have experience and all the time staying in kitchen and does not evenrespond when the baby cries, she started saying that you only interviewed her and it is not her mistake and wanted to send other person with more salary so that she could get more money.

I have been trying a get a maid. The main issue I see is that nobody has enough manpower and they try to rotate their employees within the employers when we say that the person sent by you is not good. Even for that they will say that the person will seek more salary etc etc. All rubbish.

Atlast, end up not having a maid and taken an option of working from home. However, could not do full justice to work.

Still searching for a live-in maid. Really going mad in this issue every day. what next? Only GOD alone knows.

Umanga likes this.
  6. harinisripada

harinisripada Gold IL'ite

I have had similar bad experiences with most maid agencies... please go through word of mouth or get a reference from someone whom you know well

or put a wanted live in maid ad in local free papers like "talk" or "times" ... putting an ad is cheap and they will be read by local people in local languages

Umanga likes this.
  7. saigai2

saigai2 New IL'ite

I had taken a maid from M/s. Universal Placement services, KK Nagar
    and the girl was totally genuine.

She was there with me as a live in maid for the past 3 years.

Very obedient, good mannered

If you are intrested to search for maids please contact the above agency

regards,

K. Sainath

Umanga likes this.
  8. poornimahari

poornimahari New IL'ite

one of the worst thing in chennai is maid agencies,i hired a maid from belivable employment services tharamani,first 2 months the lady took care of the child ,after tht she left, the agenices not even send another maid for long time as the agreement is for one year they dont even send maid until now .they have charged one month advance.no response ,but responsing for new persons who r not aware of them inorder to get 1 month advance .

9. Princess23

Princess23 Silver IL'ite

Hi friends,

Pls help me to find a good live in / part time servants to take care of a grandma.. Pls its urgent .. Her husband died last Friday so we are bringing her to Chennai.. Pls help me to find a reliable agencies..
    So far I called,
    Believe able agency taramani,
    Seetha home service kodambakkam

Pls share your reviews
    Hope you all understand my situation ..

Thanks

10. Princess23

Princess23 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    No one is there to help???