1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SIL stole my peace and innocence!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by chocogal26, Feb 18, 2013.

1. chocogal26

chocogal26 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks ashwini...Here DIL will never get anykind of appreciation....i know i will get only criticism....sometimes thinks better not give her a glass of water(this is only thinking...i know i can't do this with anyoone)...anyways will get only criticism.

2. chocogal26

I got pm.... some suggestions of my problem: well suggest me which one is gud.
    1. She will attack me by her words....everytime. attack before she attacks. take her in kitchen...don't let her start...this time you start with smile on your face.
    2. she sometimes pass nasty comments in front of everyone....leave that place immediately.
    3. when she comes to our use your ear phoneand put some spiritual shlokas or mantra ..serve her well(food ) and gifts her well.
    4. Leave your house and go for movie alone or with your friend and make sure u keep ready food for her . ask her brother to serve.
    5. confront in front of everyone.ask them i am not going to tolerate her anymore.
    6. ASK HER: if u want respect from me...u have to give first . and control on your tongue..than only i will entertain you.

tell me frineds which one is tricky n useful .

3. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP

Be what u are, don't get scared of your SIL's threat regarding her father's property she is nobody to decide about her fathers property and your share in it in case if you are not in her good books. Be good and polite to her but not to the extent of loosing your self respect and acting like a slave to her, dont bother about your Co-sis who is trying to act timid but want to be in good books of your SIL and FIL you cannot trust her, next time she complains about your SIL just change the topic and say you are not interested in talking about her.
    Good you have your DH's support do what you feel is right.

sindmani and chocogal26 like this.
  4. Reflection123

Reflection123 New IL'ite

If I were you--I would have told this spoilt SIL to get her butt off the couch and do her own work--I would have also made her mind her tongue. I believed I had a nightmarish SIL, but mine seems like an angel compared to yours. My SIL was only crossing her line in terms of staying for long durations in my house. First I ensured that she does more than just "lift a glass of water"---I mean after treating her as a guest for a few days---I stopped cooking for her or entertaining her in any way. And one fine day--I told her upfront, to zero down a close enough date and leave my home.

Yeah....I had a storm raised in my home....in laws, husband--all together against my "atrocity". But fearing backlash doesn't solve anything. Be firm and strong. My in-laws too gave me hell lot of criticism, but believe me criticism doesn't kill----laugh back at false criticism if you can....or just don't bother !!.....I argued back, raised questions, .........and I haven't died yet :) !!

5 people like this.
  5. chocogal26

thanks dear!!!

I did this too...one day after all totures.....she asked me...agar aapke sath koi chalaki dikhaye to aap kya karogi...i replied...nahi dikhayenge to aap bech kar kha jaaogi....when my daughter born according to ritual i gave her gold earrings(12k) ahe asked i want gold chain too(15k)....i asked FIL to buy chain for her....he bought chain....she said to me u are clever!!! she did big drama....
    she made my hell when my daughter born....she asked me....bhabhi aapki kundali mein vaidhavaya(widow) yog
    likha hai....how can she say this for her own brother....i complaint to FIL....sil made another story...
    once she said....mera bas chale to apna bhai isse cheen luun.....then i left her....i am not in talking terms with her...but she is thick skinned women...she knows how to put any one down..she just want to insult me in every manner....
    once i confront her...my hubby was with me....but till 4 months...nobody spoke with us...sil, mil, bil, cosis, and when we were calling fil...fil was passing sarcastic comments to me in every call becoz i didn't treat her daughter like an angel.

6. chocogal26

hey blessed...thanks dear...actually my dh also suggest me ....
    minimize talk with cosis
    and talk with her about sil...if she again bitching about cosis...change the topic or tell i m not interested....
    so cosis is not a problem....i m really scared with sil.

7. juhi_sri

juhi_sri Junior IL'ite

It seems like your SIL got too much freedom in your house. Remember only one rule people who give respect deserve respect. If she comes to you house be cordial don’t be slave. If she don’t like your present stop giving her any. If she throws food and say sorry simply say that’s fine here is cloth clean it up. I hope you got my drift.

3 people like this.
  8. chocogal26

Thanks Juhi...

9. chocogal26

Thanks blessed....actually.....i m scared not becoz her father's property....BECOZ if i will not entertain her like she wants...she will make story in front of FIL with lots of TEARS in her eyes....my hubby don't know how to
    act ?? I can but no body is going to believe me after all i m their DIL not daughter.

1 person likes this.