trip to agra

Discussion in 'Travel' started by april1981, Feb 12, 2013.

1. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    We will be travelling to agra in a few days. We will be staying there for 3 days. pls help me to plan my itenary so that I end up covering maximum number of places in those days. I also want to know what eatables and sweets are famous in agra so that I can buy them.
    I would also like if anyone can provide me information about good 3 star hotels within a budget of 3200 rupees.
    Thanks

1 person likes this.

2. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi april1981:

While I haven't travelled to Agra myself, recently my aunt and few others had been there. They spent a whole day in Agra seeing the Taj Mahal (particularly on a sunday there are too many visitors). There is also the Agra fort.

What I have heard and read is that you can cover Fatehpur Sikri, Brindavan and Mathura and also Jaipur while you are in Agra. Jaipur needs a separate day apart from the time needed to reach the city.

Agra, Delhi and Jaipur circuit is known as the Golden triangle tour.

Sindhu

3. acharyap

acharyap Bronze IL'ite

Yes, you can do Taj Mahal, Agra Fort & Fatehpur Sikhri easily. Delhi to Agra you get Mathura. One tip though is don't fall into the traps set by the guides. They simply weave stories for you to spend money in these places.

4. mijyanil

mijyanil Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    We recently visited golden triangle 5D/6N trip, from jaipur we reached Agra .on the way there is fatehpur sikri,baratpur bird sAnctuary.
    on the same day itself we rushed to TAJMAHAL, but personally wat i felt is the time we spend there was not enough ..
    the next morning it was agra fort after that we return to delhi airport. Another place whch we missed is mathura .

5. mijyanil

mijyanil Silver IL'ite

Me too agree with acharyap. dont fall into the trps of guid

6. Agilas

Agilas Gold IL'ite

Mandakini palace and atithi hotel is good three star hotels, tariff would be Rs.2700/- per night on double occupancy with breakfast in Mandakini palace and atithi Rs.4500/- per night on double occupancy with breakfast.

Happy journey