1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Things you want to tell your MIL, but can't.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by monita, Nov 9, 2012.

1. lucky2

lucky2 Platinum IL'ite

my husband said..' it is so much fun to have little girls around ..they look so cute..'
    mil and fil..no it must always be plus ..we want anoter grand child to be boy not girl
    me:' what do you think about yourslf..u feel yourslf like you own a dynasty and you want only boy to look aftr your dynasty..because you are quite elder,it doesnt mean whatevr you say make senses...next time you say minus thing about girls i would give complaint to women protection cell ..i should have done it long before..all your colloeagues will get to kno your cunning nature..!'
    i wasnt feeling well when was taking rest in bedroom and my husband brought fruits and buttermilk,and store bought idly at around 11 in the morning without my knowledge..i was scarred of my fil,i know he would come to taunt me on this...
    i know my fil have a habit of hearing and peeping int o the room..so i said ' why are you doin intentionally..did i ask you to get all these for me..see your dad is listening to us ..he is right behind the door..do u want evryone to know this drama'..
    soon my fil came and said i didnt hear anythng..he was caught and my husband doesnt say a word agnst him and my fil strted taunting me..' do you people buy idly and tiffins evryday back in US'
    then i said we dont buy there because it costs in dollars..we earn there and we spend here because it is our hard earned money we do have right to spend it the way we like and we need not anwer any one..'
    he couldnt say anythng and left the room..!

vgovinda, reachingskies, Gae3 and 3 others like this.
  2. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

This was a few weeks back, to the wife of my husband's cousin:

MIL: I am very fond of my DIL. I look at her as my own daughter. Whenever they visit India, I send her to her parents' house for at least 3 weeks. I dont expect her to stay more than 4 days or 5 here!..

Me: The next time I am there, I will remind you of this and stay for longer at my parents..

Mythili

5 people like this.
  3. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Mythili,
    My FIL also used to say this: we never stopped our DIL from visiting her parents, when my sil's ils created some issues about her visiting us. ( She and her DH wanted to visit us everyday and spend the whole day with us.
    I wanted to say: Are you suffering from memory loss?
    My Ils always created issues about my visiting my parents. They made weird excuses about some inauspicious times and all. Once my fil told my father that he could not send me because he was going away on a business trip and my MIL, 2 sils and the servant will be alone at home.
    Am I their bodyguard?:rant:bonk
    Later of course I learnt from my sils that you don't need your ILs permission to visit your parents and I also told my parents not to do so.

6 people like this.
  4. coolgal123

coolgal123 Platinum IL'ite

Whenever I eat with my MIL.. she always stares at my plate that what I am eating and how much I am eating...
    I always wanted to tell her...that I eat my earnings not your's or your husband's or even your son's.

vgovinda, navyar, devi123kar and 7 others like this.
  5. LiveToLove

LiveToLove Senior IL'ite

My MIL forces me to eat sabji which no likes it in her family, additionally says that it is good for health as like she is taking care of me:idontgetit:. For their son and daughter favourite items, she do it herself and close it and keep it in the back of all the dishes(hiding it from me):hide:. She used to give fruits to me, after no one in the family touches it for 3 or 4 days shakehead tsk

Me(in mind): Am I your house dust bin or house cow to eat all the remaining and waste.:rant:rant:rant

11 people like this.
  6. daffodiill

daffodiill Silver IL'ite

Dear ladies..i started to read this thread with a heavy heart as all the things which i neede to shout at my MIL came into my head..but..OMG..i was like.........dying while laughing..literally i was L.O.L...i could see see all the DIL's want to answer back like me..u have cheered me up..no offenses friends..here my list goes..
    M.I.L... i raised my son with so many difficulties,no one in this earth would have done like me...blah...
    ME.......every parent would have faced it..r u mom of adam or eve?

M.I.L.....if i lit the lamp (in eve) it will burn till day..i ahve some power that god gave me..
    M.E......if you pour oil till the lamp is neck packed.. then it will burn even till tomm eve..can u pls lit the lamp
    without the macthbox by using ur so called power..

M.I.L.....if i think and plan something then i will surely do it..i have such capability..i will conquer my wishes my
    doing chores like putting kollam,sprinkling water in temples..god wont say no to me..
    M.E.....my god..u have not left god even..from boasting...

M.I.L.... i have conqured many things in my life,...i am this..iam that....

no..never start it...u idiot..pethall pankajam

11 people like this.
  7. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Phew ladies... reading through most of the posts, there seems to be one thing in common - In-laws saying that they struggled to raise the sons and how we are now snatching everything from them. Why is it that the parents who raised sons think that way? (I am not saying that parents of sons are always like that, but that does seem to be a common statement from most). Haven't our parents done anything for us? Or are we angels (or demons or beasts as the case may be) who descended from the heavens above just to marry their darling sons???

I had an almost similar conversation with my mom-in-law sometime back (cant remember when as this sort of keeps coming up all the time). This was after a shouting match with my husband for some reason..

MIL: How can you be so ungrateful... after all that we did to raise my son. I had to sacrifice a lot so that he had to study in a good school; go abroad to study; work abroad etc etc (In all due fairness, she did sacrifice a lot in order for my husband to get a good grounding. But so did my parents. What ever I am today, is all due to my parents' hard work!!)
    Me: So what didnt my parents give me a good education, good values and didnt they have to struggle in order to get me to where I am??

Mythili

4 people like this.
  8. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Mythili, unless they sing about doing TOO much... how will they get TOO much in return........ In indian society.. a DD needs to be filled with... and generally parents find son as future support mechanism... so I feel this is just an act of SELF JUSTIFICATION & GRATIFICATION.... Am sure such dialogs will never be uttered in front of their daughters but are meant for DIL's ear.

MIL : Your mom delivered u normally... but I've SLICED my body to get my son out.
    Me : O cmmon.. gimmi a break... don't start the redundant discussion of normal delivery VS C-section.
    You've urself admitted that you hogged like anything and ur babies were ultra giant.
    And yes I was never a PAIN for my parents.... but what ru trying to IMPLY for your son....

vgovinda, Gae3, brahan and 5 others like this.
  9. cedantseq

cedantseq New IL'ite

well good , pratical thread

1 person likes this.
  10. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

What??? Practical??? You think all this replying back can be/should be carried out in practice? Its a giant leap indeed, when it comes from a guy :banana

3 people like this.