1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Super dumb aliens and super smart earthlings!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 15, 2008.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shreya
    I see that you have an abiding interest in scifi stuff as I have. I often used to think that the only way that we could forge a strong bond among all the nations of the planet would be to look for a strong alien invasion. Haven't we seen that when we had trouble with our neighbours how all the political parties sank their differences to unite behind our armed forces?
    You are absolutely right about people with preformed opinions. It is like saying that we can wake up a person really sleeping but not the one who pretends to be asleep.
    Sri

2. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

I am very very very very Sorry!!!!!!!!....BowBowBow

How can you even think of asking such a question...

You are the epitome of spirituality.... I learn a lot from you on spiritualty and vedantha of life... that being the case, How can I say you lack intelligence... Do you know something... For a great cook, he/shee needs lot of imagination and thinking process, so that he can use appropriate mix to get the best taste out of the food... If he/she is going to do the standard cooking then it is not great... So normally, a great cook is a person who has lot of taste, intelligence, presence of mind and above all takes care of the customer/people... So... you are a all in one...:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown...

I dont know about mountains & mole hills.... I will try to learn from my Guruji...

I am extremely sorry to have disappointed you... But sometimes, we dont have words to praise the person... We become dumb... It is a situation like that... So...

Veda

3. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Guruji,

Aapka Ashirwad....

But again Guruji, is guruji..... I bow to your opinion that I am intelligent and chitvish is a great cook!.... :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown....

Thanks.....

Veda

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri & Veda,
    Thank God for small mercies!
    Atleast you agree on the point about me !
    Love,
    Chithra.

5. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Dear Veda
    Greaaaaat reply..:bowdown a lesson if one needs to learn how to escape from beneath a rock unscathed..hmmm..touching..Bow

6. Cheeniya

Dear Veda
    You remind me of the great Thondaradipodi Azhwar in humility. That reply to Chithra Madam must rank as a truly great example of humility. Konnutteenga Veda. When I read it, I felt a lump in my throat and I am sure that Chithra Madam felt a much bigger lump!
    The way you linked up her culinary skills with her outstanding qualities was truly amazing. I am now left wondering if she is a cook first and a vedanthic next or vice versa. Anyway, both are much needed here. 'Sevikkunavu illathapodhu sirithu vayitrukkum eeyappadum'!
    Sri

7. Cheeniya

Dear AC
    I am also equally happy about the great escape of Veda! But I must give it to him. He has come out in flying colours in this great war of attrition! Hats off to him and I am really proud to be called his Guru!
    Sri

8. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sri & Veda,
    I always pray to God for "kr(u)pa" - grace !
    But He is granting me that in abundance, not only from Himself, but from you both as well, is what I "make out" from your words!!
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. shreyasri

shreyasri New IL'ite

dear cheeniya,

you must have read about another thought on the origin of life- it was in news everywhere a few months back- that life on earth was originally seeded from outside. how living cells were dumped on earth from somewhere in the outer space, had all inputs to thrive and there came to be all the species; there was "red rain" in Kerala sometime back, that carried living cells.....etc,etc...

so, doesn't it seem possible that such cells(seeds?) were dumped elsewhere also- the conditions being different there, lives thrive, in forms entirely different from those on earth!? only they are so remote that we can't get a look from over here? like the neighbours on English farms?

and also seems likely that there is a "devalokam" somewhere too far,far away- those aliens not dumb, of course!

would like to hear your thoughts on these. some others,too....

regards,
    shreyasri

10. Cheeniya

Dear Shreya
    I too have heard of this theory that the life on earth could have been seeded from elsewhere. Right now, we all owe our allegiance to Darwin. Everyone seems to agree that the first life must have started in water. Even the Avatars of Vishnu follow this line. First it was the water-living Machavatar. Then, then the amphibian, Koorma. Then the lowly Varaha and the mighty Lion and so on. We bear an indisputable resemblance to our immediate predecessor, the Monkey.

But there is no concrete evidence yet for the theory of life getting seeded from elsewhere on this planet. I tend to agree with it on one score. Normally we all dump unwanted things only. And if the unwanted material is toxic, it is dumped in the sea. That way, it is possible that the aliens dumped all their toxic waste in our planet! That would explain the way we are making this planet unfit for any form of life. All the talk about ozone holes, melting of glaciers, warming up of the planet is very scary indeed. If we have not originated from toxic waste, we wouldn't be taking Mother Earth down the disaster way!
    Sri