1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My husband is calling me back home

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by swapna135, Feb 12, 2013.

1. apsahay40

apsahay40 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Madam, if this is what you felt after the conversation, my suggestion would be “take your time, do not jump in now”.
    Keeping aside your emotions out this bad incident, please sit back and recall your good and bad times, what were going well between you and your husband and what were provoking him (think of incidents when he was trying to stop you, fighting you using harsh words) and you (you may know already), and see if there is any pattern. The things which were provoking him as well as you are the basis for detailed talk, to arrive at mutual understanding with some give and take and with a commitment not to repeat. In my humble opinion, there may be some repeated provoking (irrespective of whether it is reasonable or not, what is tolerable for one may be intolerable for another) which might have ended up in such physical abuse (I am in no way justifying physical abuses, just trying to reason out the cause for such extreme reactions).
    For example, why your husband is so upset that he is trying to stop you visiting your parent? Do you know any reason? Is there anything happened to your husband during his visit to your parent (it may be just his perception, may not be real), due to the conduct of your parents or siblings, knowingly or unknowingly. May be you can ask him. Please be self-critical and think through without any bias.
    Regarding legal actions, you shall do so if you are convinced that you are standing at the oint of no return, otherwise please don’t do. Legal actions are double edge sword, it will hurt you as much as it hurt your husband, and you should not be thinking of any further batch-up in relationship after legal actions. Legal actions and relationships will never get along, please be clear about it.

2. swapna135

swapna135 Senior IL'ite

Hi mahajanpragati,

Yes i have 2 kids and i am married for 8 yrs now... yes he is physically abusive since our marriage but everytime i just kept forgiving him and overcoming all.

Yes he is even ashamed to face my mother becos he has used very filthy words to her as well. He has verbally abused her. so he does not have any face to come and talk to her. But then neither my mom wants to talk to him as she feels very bad hearing such words from a son-in-law whom she used to treat just like her son.

His mother tried to stop him from beating me with a dining chair later on, but then initially she also supported him when he was verbally abusing me and she just kept watching him throw tv remote on me, pushing me over the wall, hitting me on my face. but then if i tell him tat his mother should never visit us, she should never come and stay with us, he will never accept it. otherwise for time being he may say yes but then he will still get her here to stay with us. to be very frank more than wife and children he has lot of inclination towards his mother, brother, sister, sister's daughter and son. very affectionate to them not to us.

3. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Don't be in a hurry. Take your own time, think a lot, talk with him many times, not once or twice..if not at your parent's place, you can meet him outside.Putting conditions and threatening legal measures do not patch up a marriage. If you are doubtful in the least...do not take the next step. See how he treats the children. Discuss with your parents. Do not do anything in haste.Physical abuse is the last thing that a wife should tolerate. You have a job and stand on your feet.

4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

He should not have physically abused you EVEN if you had provoked him with harsh words.

So she stopped him from hitting you with the dinning chair but watched as he hit you with smaller things.
    Then she was not protecting you. But she was protecting her son from facing murder charges.

1 person likes this.
  5. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

Why do you even want to consider going back? Give a police case, please protect yourself and your children. Do not go back to this person. Hitting you with a chair? pushing you against the wall? You deserve much better, lady. pls dont go back. send him legal notice for divorce.

1 person likes this.
  6. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

Swapna hugs to you dear..I can understand the turmoil going inside you. Likewise any woman likes to be their husbands and on the other hand this traumatic incident...

Swapna...I just want to say, that we should react to the situation and not to the person. The situation for your was compelling hence you left, but when calmness prevails...I don't know but I feel the kids's emotion too needs to be looked into. Even with him, you can lead a strict life and do not indulge any physical abuse. But am just thinking of the kids Swapna...

Since you are working, can you lead a stricter lifestyle and still be with him swapna?

7. DGcreative

DGcreative Platinum IL'ite

If I were u I wouldnt go back till I got assurance from my heart about his repentance.

8. BharatS

BharatS Gold IL'ite

In my opinion, the odds of you going back to him need to be weighed with you divorcing your husband. Not easy, but neither impossible.

You need to decide at this juncture where you can drive your marriage. If you feel that he has changed and wont abuse you again, go back.

If in case you feel that your MILwill spoil your relationship, I would suggest you to go for separation. Because you can hope to change your husband but not your MIL. Can you change your MIL?

So my suggestion is to go for DIVORCE. Rest it is up to you.

All the best

9. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

He seems to be a chronic wife beater. Can u insist he go for counselling or anger management therapy first and then u judge for yourself if he has changed. Remember the next time he decides to beat u, it could bE serious. So, decide after u have given it some good thought.

1 person likes this.
  10. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

I agree with your parents. He should apologize to you in front of his mom and take you back. You are not going back with out him coming to your house and apologizing.

Don't talk to him everyday until you know what you want. If he still blames you then that doesn't mean he realized his mistake.

If you go back and come back to your parents house again it won't look good and kids will be confused too with what is going on.

If you want things to be stable be strong and tell him what is it that you are expecting.

2 people like this.