Mommy to be July 2013

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Mommyhoney2012, Nov 9, 2012.

1. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

As a child I wanted a name starting with 'A' just so I'd have an early roll number :) Now it doesnt matter, since in the US the roll numbers are based on the initial of the last name (and ours begins with 'N'!).

I have been feeling movements for a couple of weeks now, but can't see the 'pokes' as yet. Also, my husband is not really able to feel it so far. But I think in a few weeks the kicks will probably get stronger.

1 person likes this.
  2. prchitra

prchitra Gold IL'ite

Da,

Here is the trimester details.. Check which week you are in, based on that tell the months.. I know its completely different.. if they r calculating based on tamil months..

Your First Trimester: Week 1 till end of week 13
    1st Month = Weeks 1,2,3,4
    2nd Month = Weeks 5,6,7,8
    3rd Month = Weeks 9,10,11,12,13

Your Second Trimester: Begin week 14 till end week 26
    4th Month = Wks 14,15,16,17
    5th Month = Wks 18,19,20,21
    6th Month = Wks 22,23,24,25,26

Your Third Trimester: Begin week 27 till Birth
    7th Month = Wks 27,28,29,30
    8th Month = Wks 31,32,33,34,35
    9th Month = Wks 36,37,38,39,40

Yes.. i dont know whether i will be able to make 9th month function or not.. i am planning to buy some glass bangles and start wearing from next month onwards.. :):)..

Today one my relative was telling..after my mom told.. abt this 9th month celebrations.. some one invited her for this baby shower function on 9th month itseems..All feast every thing were arranged nicely.. But.. but.. as soon as they put one glass bangle to her.. immediately she got pain and in next 2 hrs got delivery of sweet boy baby :) :).. Finally Baby shower function became like treat for celebrating the birth of the child..:) :)

2 people like this.
  3. daddysangel

daddysangel Silver IL'ite

Chithra :)

Aww,,,,thanx for the effort u tuk in explaining the calculation of month so clearly to me... :)

And regarding the incident of 9th month function,,,,don know y people stretch it to the last month,,,,?? Its always better to conduct dese functions in the 7th month i feel :)

Wow....even i like glass bangles a lot,,, :wow Is it some kind of tradition for u to wear glass bangles at this time?? Any specific colour ?? Wish I had traditions like dese,,,,:hide: Yesterday only i was telling my mom that she should atleast come to my in laws place to take me along with her for my delivery.... As am in sharjah nw,,,i'll be first goin to my in laws place in kerala to spend sum time with dem,,,, den in april i'll be goin to delhi where my parents stay,,,, So i've told dem strictly dat both of them shud cum to kerala tsk We'll be having a very simple affair where some close relatives are invited and a lunch is organised for dem,,,, Den the girl goes with her parents to her home,,,,nothing fancy u know :hiya but atleast i want everybody to be with me at that time....
    Is n't dat fair enough on my part???:queen

4. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

hello ladies how are you doing.... hoping all is well :)

do you know yet what is everyone having?? im currently in India so dnt know the gender yet...but still having mor sickness , so we r thinking its a girl :)

5. karthi25

karthi25 Senior IL'ite

hey all..

I got my anomaly scan finally done yesterday evening..n thank god everything is fine n im sooo happy..yeah it jus looked like my kid has already started to suck his/her thumb..quite active..n i even got a cd recorded by the doctor..n being a doctor myself i asked her not to show things that wud reveal if the kid is gonna b lil boy/lil gurl !!!

And for d shopping for the kid part,me n my hub hav decided to buy from march!!!!:):):)

Even my MIL asked me to wear 2/3 glass bangles jus like tat cuz it seems the baby wud like the sound made by d glass..But since i m used to wear bangles only on occasions wen i wear sarees, im not wearing it. now..But planning to try it!!!

hey purnima..

u can eat narthangai but very lil jus for the taste sake...cuz im used to eat the dry one like wenever i feel nauseated..and for the pickle part elders at home hav made d pickle specially with the sunflower oil only cuz we r not supposed to eat anything made with "nallennai"

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Ladies.

finally had my cc proc yde and just back from hospital.
    went well, ecept slight cramps..

I will write a detailed note later

2 people like this.
  7. daddysangel

Dear SSM,
    Good that u got ur CC done .... take good rest and be back with ur updates.. :) Hope u have someone to help u out at home,,, :) Take care dear :)

8. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

Hi Daddysangel,

I guess you are from Kerala..are there any pregnancy related functions for Malayalees? (I've not heard of any! and nobody mentioned anything during my last pregnancy some functions but only after the baby is born--gues it's coz of the matriarchal structure of the malayalees!).

And coincidentally, my inlaws also live in Kerala (Cochin), while I grew up in Delhi (and my mom lives there). Did you also grow up in Delhi?

9. daddysangel

Hi Chitmin :)

Yes,,,am from kerala,,,!!!! My in laws are in calicut :) Yeah,,u got it rite,,,,i was born in kerala and brought up in delhi......!! My parents are still there.....and planning to settle in kerala after their retirement.....

Very sad that we don have any functions during pregnancy,,, :( The one i've heard about and seen is the "kooti kondu pokal " chadangu....(hope u got it..!!).... But i've also heard that there are some functions in south kerala..... Do u know abt that??

So wr did u stay in delhi??

10. Swatir23

Swatir23 Gold IL'ite

hi all,
    my bad time continues ,my own mom ask me to go back to my dh hpuse ,she told she can not take care of me
    now back again to dh house,mother in law doing house work but no one to take care of me plus i hav eto take care of my dh,mom was applying oil on legs to reduce leg pain that also stopeed now so having terrible leg and back pain.

i m praying to god now please pass this time quickly, at least