1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

highly depressed please suggest something :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kritka, Feb 7, 2013.

1. kritka

kritka Junior IL'ite

Hi All
    I came to this website just after some months . i am highly depressed these days
    Just want to move out .My main problem istht my hubby says that I have to run the house in a given budget .It makes me sick.Whener he wants to have a lunch outisde hewill say ys I will have it lets go and whenerv I ahve to spend money outside my pockets he says no .... he often told me he never did lunch in office wht on earth is he saying ? Are offices too busy to provide u even no lunch tme so I started giving him tiffin which he takes according to his wishes then says bhul gya wht a deal ?wht should I do ? staying at hme has made me depressed and being dependant upon him too much .........
    hIS atitude is r8 ? please help me in deciding ?

thanks

2. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Could you please not use the "SMS style " it's just so difficult to understand why exactly are you depressed and what exactly do you want us to help decide !!

4 people like this.
  3. mapleleaf

mapleleaf Silver IL'ite

Firstly, I hope you feel better, no fun being depressed and all.
    Kritka, you are his wife not baby sitter or mom , so don't fuss if he is not eating his lunch. He is a big boy will eat when hungry, if not there is nothing you can do about it. You are not responsible for it.
    Everybody lives on a budget, it is a good thing. Why don't both of you sit together and draw your expenses every month together, this way you will prioritize household expenses and also allot some for each of your miscellaneous/eating out expenses. Together decide what is reasonable for each category of expense. Turn it into a positive thing.Time to take charge and be smart not get depressed. Cheer up

2 people like this.
  4. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Try to become financially independent.

2 people like this.
  5. crazymom

crazymom Gold IL'ite

I agree with Anita, try to get a job so you won't be dependent on him. Good luck!

6. kritka

kritka Junior IL'ite

hi All

lets take this matter in a logical way .
    the story is half told : Since i was feeling so bad that i didnt had the time to put it down in a correct order . Now its all gone Let me begin ..
    I did my masters in management from india in 2009 in recssion year and then got married i have some 2 years exp in product marketing that time i use to earn very less as comp to my hubby but i had a job smething to go out , had frds and ofcourse independance . my hubby decided to shift to london for his job .now i decided to accompany him . as soon as he came here he changed his whole attitude .. save save and save and told me to run house in a budget . i dnt say budget in wrong but i hardly get anything from him for my expenses in tht i just go for waxing here and nothing more .rest is all spend on food etc ...now whether i go out and spend something like a coffee etc he says its not done .... i know we all save but not at the exp of anothers happiness ... my whole life is reduced to cooking bass ... staying at hme specially here has made me depressed ... i am looking for jobs but its not easy to find one ... should i move back tp india ?

7. kritka

kritka Junior IL'ite

i mean who knows wht all he eats in office , this makes me sick morver no frds to talk on regular basis have taken a toll on me ....

1 person likes this.
  8. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

The fish ?

1 person likes this.
  9. Ajith

Ajith Silver IL'ite

My favorite. Lucky husband.

10. makeuplover

makeuplover Silver IL'ite

Hi Kritika, you have to be bold and talk about this to your husband. May be he was brought up like that. Some people are selfish to spend money on their wives or friends but they will get whatever they want. If he doesn't listen tell him tht you are going to find a job