Puzzle of the week - 20th Nov to 26th nov 2006

Discussion in 'Online Games & Puzzles' started by priyum, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. priyum

priyum New IL'ite

Puzzle of the Week - 27th Nov to 3rd Dec 2006

Hi Shakila,

Good to note u liked the puzzle.

I am posting the message received from IndusLadies Team

Weekly Puzzle
    <HR align=center width="100%" color=white noShade SIZE=1>
    Hi Priyum,

Just saw your puzzle thread. Very interesting idea. Why don't you do a weekly puzzle? By doing it weekly, you will find more participation.

You post a new puzzle (lets say every Saturday) and you ask people to private message you with the answer. You provide a end date and time as well. Once the time is up, you announce the winner and then post the next week's puzzle. Simple execution but can keep member interest well.

What do you think?

Induslady

The IndusLadies Team <?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"><v:stroke joinstyle="miter"></v:stroke><v:formulas><v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"></v:f><v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"></v:f><v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"></v:f></v:formulas><v:path o:connecttype="rect" gradientshapeok="t" o:extrusionok="f"></v:path><o:lock aspectratio="t" v:ext="edit"></o:lock></v:shapetype><v:shape id=_x0000_i1026 style="WIDTH: 11.25pt; HEIGHT: 11.25pt" alt="" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:href="http://www.indusladies.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif" src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\01\clip_image001.gif"></v:imagedata></v:shape>

So friends,

Instead of Saturday, I will post a puzzle on Mondays.... Hope there will be lot of participation.... ( lets make it a puzzle a week.... so answers by Sunday should be fine), so as suggested by the IL Team, u may PM me...

To begin with, a very easy puzzle for the week..... ( so that i find more and more people answering.... that is an encouragement for me pa)

Puzzle - 2

Six drinking glasses stand in a row, with the first three full of water and the next three empty. By handling and moving only one glass at a time, how can you arrange the six glasses so that no full glass stands next to another full glass, and no empty glass stands next to another empty glass. What is the minimum number of moves to solve this puzzle.

priyum

2. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Answer !

Priyum,

Great start from you yaar ! Actually its a good idea to have a day for puzzle, solving puzzles (irrespective of whether you arrive at answers or not), is always fun ! I would love to take part in this thread regularly as I enjoy solving puzzles, If I can, I will contribute puzzles from my side too , I have one or two good puzzles with me...

Induslady, that was a good suggestion from you...

Well, for this week glass water puzzle, I have sent u the solution through PM..have a look !

Love,
    Preethi

Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
  3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Great Idea

Hi Priyum,

It Is a great idea to have this thread. I am also a puzzle freak. Well I have this great Puzzle book from Mensa, and i can PM some of them to you to add to this thread. Do let me know.

Vandhana

4. Surya

Surya Senior IL'ite

Dear Priyum,

It is a good idea of having a puzzle every week. keep on going.
    for this week puzzle minimum moves required is 3, am i right?

regards,
    kodi.

5. priyum

priyum New IL'ite

reg. puzzle

Hi Kodi,

Ummm... I will let u know on Monday if there were others who PMed their answers before u did .

Vandana,

Yes I would love if u can add a variety of puzzles to this thread. Just let me know thro PM which week u would like to post ... coz i dont want to miss out solving them (and mudinja to win them).

And all the other Members of the forum... dont just walk into this thread and go away.... post ur answers. Sure would be fun for the winner. ( And dont cheat me from the pleasure of reading through the wrong answers.....:mrgreen: )

Priyum

6. deepikab

deepikab New IL'ite

Puzzle

Well exchange the middle 2 glass. that will be just one move

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priyum...

Congratulations for starting this puzzle thread. Mondays will be even more enticing now on IL:)

I too have guessed the water glass puzzle. Some have posted their answers here??? Hm....good one. I am pm-ing you.

Great idea...keep it up and welcome to IL.

L, Kamla

8. priyum

priyum New IL'ite

That is two

Hi Deepikab,

If u exchange the two middle glasses.... its two moves .... not one... :tongue

priyum

9. malar

malar Bronze IL'ite

Priyum - interesting

Priyum,

You have initiated an interesting thread on puzzles.

I will PM the answer for this. Keeping my fingers crossed for being right.

Malar

10. sihi

sihi Senior IL'ite

Great start!!

Priyum,

I have PMed you the answer...let me know if I am right...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.