Starting IT Company in Chennai

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by k006b, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Pree

Pree New IL'ite

Way to go!!

Good luck for your venture and hope things are progressing according to plan. One more important factor to look for is managing your finances. if you have started having employees, the first thing is no matter what, you need to pay their remuneration on time. This helps boost their morale and develops a feeling of trustworthiness in you (especially if they are not friends or relatives). in time you will find that you have a loyal group of helpers who will become your pillars of strength - and this is the biggest asset you can look for.

Always plan - preferably for the next 3 years,as you mentioned having assured projects.

My husband is also running his own software firm in the city.

Good luck
    Pree

2. devasena

devasena New IL'ite

Recruitment consultancy services

I am planning to start a IT recruitment consultancy. I have a talented recruitment team but i would like to know how income comes in recruitment consultancy business. Before i approach a company i would like to know how the HR consultancy business works. Can anyone throw some light on this?

3. shanthirekha

shanthirekha New IL'ite

Hi K

IAm a financial consultant (ICWA, ACS). I and a CA friend of mine have been managing and directing a company which provides services in accounting, company law related issues, taxation, project analysis and formation and registration of companies. If you require any help or our services, you may contact us. All the best.

4. uma321

uma321 Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm into business development and marketing working in a software company. Let me know if you need any help from my end.

Thanks,
    Uma

5. bd_4all

bd_4all New IL'ite

Re: Looking for Clients in US

Hi
    Im looking for companies who outsource IT projects to small IT companies to India .im not sure how to find them or how to approch, kindly help me or advice on my moves.
    Thanks

6. agilats

agilats New IL'ite

Hi there,

Can anyone list the 'things to be done', 'things to be aware of', 'Pitfalls', 'investment needs' and things like that for starting a new IT company. I am thinking of starting my own web project.
    I really appreciate your great help.

Thanks,
    Agila

7. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Re: Recruitment consultancy services

Hai Devasena,

That's a nice thought of urs to start a IT recruitment consultancy.................These people are doing good these days......I think u can step ahead in this venture.........

I am mad to start my own consultancy............but yet it is a dream for me.........bonki don't know i am going to make it come alive........

8. leelal

leelal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Agila,

Congrats on your thought to start on your own.!!

Pls see whether you have the following.

1. A Business Plan

Preparation of the business plan depends on how big you want to set up your company. When you prepare this document, you will be able to bring in your thoughts on how many people you have budgetted in the initial stages, ver 6 months, how many projects you will takeup to meet the estimated revenue, calculation on expenditures on company formation activities, infrastructure like PC, table, telephone, ISD bills, A/C, printer, fax., office space advance, rent and ther maintenance expenses.

You should also bring out whether you want to partner with friends or family if the initial scope is very big.
    You als look at how to organiza the team (Directors, Managers, executives etc). If its going to be a one man show, start as a proprietarship and handle the projects yourself. Once there is significant grwth, yu could change to a pvt ltd company (Clse to Rs.25000 expense on registartion activities), recruit extra heads, do invest good capital t set up office with infrastructure.

2. Proprietarship/pvt company registartion.

3. If you start as a pvt company, then apply for name registration, Company registration through MoA , company PAN card, Pf account if staff strength is more than 15, TAN/TIN for service tax.

4. Advisable to start as proprietarship in the beginning.

ALL THE BEST!!

9. agilats

agilats New IL'ite

Hi Leelal

Thanks for you information. This will be helpful for me.

10. Jesus

Jesus New IL'ite

Hello Koo6b,

I am settled in Chennai and have about 10 years of work experience. I would be able to help u set up business here. You could message me on the email id given at IL

Rgds
    Jesus