1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Planning to do laser treatment

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by anushka1978, Mar 1, 2012.

1. anushka1978

anushka1978 New IL'ite

Hi

I am planning to do laser treatment in my chin .Do anyone have experience in it. How much do they charge.How much effective it that.

2. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

Hi Anushka,

Laser treatment works very well in getting rid of unwanted hair. I had it done and saw good results. The number of treatment depend on how thick is the hair and any hormonal imbalances in the body. You will see the difference for each sitting. The expenditure wise, it all depends on the company , state it is located and also amount of area you are getting treatment.

good luck,
    Sujatha.

3. anushka1978

anushka1978 New IL'ite

Dear suja

They are charging $75 for chin and $75 for upper lips.Do they check for any hormone imbalance test.how many sittings have you gonedo the hair grows again.the doctor said the hair may grow after a year.at that time we want to got for 2 more sittings.

thanks
    anu

4. eternalindia

eternalindia Junior IL'ite

If you are lucky, you may be able to find a facility that will do both the chin and jaw area for $75. Upper lip can be separate cost.

I recommend GentleYAG for darker skin (like indian women). I have gotten it done and it is good. It is not painful though if you are sensitive, they give you stress balls to squeeze during treatment time. The good part of the GentleYAG is it shoots out cryogen onto the treatment site, THEN the laser is applied. So your skin is 'numbed' by the cryogen before the laser is applied. But the laser doesn't touch your skin at all, at least with the facility I go to. So it is not painful at all. They also can apply numbing cream if you are extra sensitive. But I have found this one to be the best laser so far for indian women.

If you are just starting on the laser removal, there are usually 6 treatments, with 3-4week gap for the hairs to fall out in between between appts. I would not pay more than $75 for chin area. More than that is a ripoff unless they are packaging with something else. I would also ask them because they can give discounts.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  5. usr12

usr12 New IL'ite

Hi eternalindia , great tip , I will checkout gentleyag in my area.. Just curious to know if you had any visible redness or burns post treatment. Also did any hair growth reoccur on ur face post treatment or is it clear now

While u are undergoing the treatment is it ok to remove facial hairs with epilator etc , I have lots of facial hair and was wondeing if there is any restriction on other hair removal methods this during this procedure

Thanks in advance

6. usr12

usr12 New IL'ite

Sujata /eternalindia , pls let me know how to find a center near my location..I could not see any info on this anywhere.

7. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

Candela Gentlelase works well for Indian medium complexioned skin. You can call the company and find out clinics near where you live. Cost can vary from $100 to 150-200. As a new patient, talk to them about packages, maybe try out the first one and see if it works for you and then you can buy packages for 4 months, 6 months or 12 months and negotiate the price accordingly.

Candela Laser: Products for Cosmetic Laser Treatment Procedures

1 person likes this.
  8. usr12

usr12 New IL'ite

Thanks a lot!

9. chitmin

chitmin Gold IL'ite

I second the suggestion about opting for the YAG laser. I have had laser treatments on my upper lip and chin, and its been pretty effective.

You might want to check Groupon for laser hair removal deals. They often have merchants offering 6 laser hair removal sessions for a small area (chin/upperlip/ears etc) for about $100.00.
    While undergoing laser treatment you should not use an epilator, wax, thread, opr tweeze the area, as that will leave the laser ineffective. The only hair removal method that can be used along with the laser is shaving (which you might not want to do on your face) or trimming the hair with scissors. You could also opt to bleach the hair a few days after your laser session, but need to make sure that the bleach has left the hair follicles by your next laser treatment session. It is also advisable to schedule treatments six weeks apart.