Indian ladies in Zurich, Switzerland?

Discussion in 'Indians in Switzerland' started by noni, Apr 11, 2007.

1. RAHULNEHA

RAHULNEHA New IL'ite

indian couple visiting zurich 21 may 2012 for 5 days

hi , we are openminded indian couple from mumbai travel zurich for holidays. any one intrested to meet us ????

2. girishcochin

girishcochin New IL'ite

Re: Indian Women in Zürich

Hi, Can u help me in finding a job there?

3. girishcochin

girishcochin New IL'ite

Re: Indian Women in Zürich

Hi, can u help me in finding a job there?

4. redish

redish New IL'ite

Hi,
    It's very long since I've been in this Forum and only afte two years I saw your reply.

I'm residing in the city Zurich. and I want to learn Tamil because my fiance is from Chennai. I'm still trying to learn it, but alone and with only the help of books and littel help of my fiance it's quit diffucult to learn it.

Bye, Redish

5. Ap1201

Ap1201 New IL'ite

Hi,

I an new to zurich and indus ladies. i stay near hardbruke. anyone near by..?

6. Mitra83

Mitra83 New IL'ite

Hi ,

I will be moving to Zurich from Singapore in Feb . My husband will be working in stockerstrasse zürich.
    I will be at home would love to meet you all ladies.

any tips on where to find house and what things to carry for a start in Zurich with my minimal baggage allowance :( from Singapore.

7. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Dear all,

We are a small family of 3, DH, myself and DD(8 yrs). Due to my hubby's long term assignment to Switzerland, we might have to move there for any year. I am worried about the language barrier. We will likely come there by April end, after my DD finishes her grade 2. Which school is best in International, english language medium? Will she have to take any test? She will be enrolled to grade 3 after producing the grade 2 completion certificate from Bangalore school right?

IS it difficult without knowing the local language there? I have done my basic German course in Max muller bhavan many yrs ago, will I be able to get a job?I am into IT with 8 yrs of exp.

What abt the cost of living? Housing? groceries(indian items), indian shops, movies?:bonk

Thanks
    Anupama

8. Mitra83

Mitra83 New IL'ite

Hi Anupama,

Me and my husband will be in Zurich by march .

I was able to gather few things hope this helps..thanks my DH.

cost of Housing: its pretty expensive in the city 2000chf+ for decent house for family , if you move further away from city you can save taxes and rent both, off course this will add to your husbands commute time.

Groceries: there are two supermarkets chain Migros and Co-op , you can get most of the groceries there, no indian masala though :) . For that you will need indian shops , Agarwals and barkat located near langstrasse.
    Migros runs on no profit no loss basis so its cost effective but quality products are found in Co-op.
    Groceries budget : on an avg chf600 to 800 for a family.

Commute:
    Monthly passes are cheaper alternatives ,If you are staying for long term i would recommend "half price card" which will cost 150CHF/year .Expect avg commute 100CHF/person/month.
    TAxis are ridiculously expensive.

Schools:
    its better to put children in international school compared to local , as grown up children face language barrier. Since Swiss is non English speaking country , School fees are taken care by Employers usually.

I am also not familiar with German , but from what i gather you can manage in Zurich city,you might face difficulties when traveling countryside , off course learning German will be a great advantage.

I a planning to join Migros Klub Schule (Club School) for learning German while i look for a job, I also have 8 years IT exp and would want to continue working.

looking forward to meet you.

9. Mitra83

Mitra83 New IL'ite

oh @ Movies: not many options :( :drowning

10. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Hi Mitra,

Thanks for your response. When is the exact date of your arrival in Swiss? Do you have kids? Where does your hubby work and which part of India are you from?