Why do we go to temple ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Jun 8, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

My dear Sanravi !

If we understand the custom & observe it, it is more enjoyable.
    Thankyou for the nice words.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

2. Sundhari Thevar

Sundhari Thevar New IL'ite

Thanks Chitra,

I am someone with a normal life with ups and downs but more of downs..let it be personal life,career ,home etc..but I always fight back to survive..
    I can safely say I am someone who refrains from lies,negative thoughts and any kind of wrong doing but all the misfortunes happen to me.
    But I see people around me who do all the wrong things but get the best in life...
    If there is good and i pray to him honestly why do i get this treat ment??

Is it too complicated?

3. Chitvish

My dear Sundari !

Your question can only be answered by The Law of Karma. I make a small request to you - just go through all the topics in the culture post & read

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showpost.php?p=21618&postcount=22

It is just to make you understand, how things work in the universe. After reading the topics, I can even send you by e mail, my posts on the law of karma, which I have been drafting this week. All your 'Whys" will be answered.
    I am confident that I can help you understand the answers I give you.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. indhusri

indhusri Bronze IL'ite

Great work !

Dear Chith ,
    Its a great work & neat explanation for 'why we go to temple ' . Hats off to you - U've given a beautiful example for idol worship -as keeping the pictures of someone we love the most- thereby getting their memories & bringing their presence in our minds ! Good one ! I stongly believe in the saying " God IS there" !
    With regards ,
    Indhu .

5. Chitvish

My dear Indhu !

I am thrilled to receive your feed back. This was posted atleast 3, 4 months back.
    To read other topics, please go to
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2394

Keeping the photo of the loved ones in the purse, is an example which is best understood by everybody ! Thankyou for the F B, Indhu.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear,
    Its so magnanimous of you to write on such topics.I think now adays everyone wants to know the significance of all our rituals.You shd write more in this line.
    Recently i went for a talk by a religious group on the construction of temple.They explained & compared body and temple and what are the necessary customs shd we follow and the significance.
    To me above all the beauty of the adorned diety fills my mind with happiness.Looking fwd for more such articles
    Jaya

7. Chitvish

Dear Jaya,
    Thanks.
    I have posted quite a few
    Why do we?
    in the culture posts. Please read them, if you are interested.
    Love,
    Chithra.

8. sshantha

sshantha New IL'ite

Dear Chitra,

You have answered this topic,in a simple and clear language. I am a south Indian and a regular visitor of temple. I have many of my north Indian friends , who often tell me God is everywhere, so why do we need to go to temple. Your explanation answers that. I do volunteer at temple to teach the children slokas and about our culture and religion. So kindly keep posting some interesting facts about our culture, it will be helpful for me to explain it to kids.

Regards
    Shantha

9. Chitvish

10. Archvisw

Archvisw New IL'ite

Dear Chitra mami,
    Great post as usual. I was always reluctant to go inside the Lakshmi Sanidhi in our Narasimha temple because it used to be pitch dark and occasionaly bats would fly out . But the last time I went to the temple I managed to gather strength to go inside. The priest lit the camphor and I could see the beautiful Devi for less than a minute. Its been 6 years since I went to the temple but even now whenever I think and pray I can visualize the image of Lakshmi in that temple. I used to wonder about the logic behind this but your explanation about camphor and aarthi gave me the right answer.
    Thanks
    Best regards
    Archana