September 2011 Moms to be

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by stork82, Jan 11, 2011.

1. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Hi Friends...Happy New Year 2013.

2. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

Nice to see your post Vasu and felt good to hear from Uma and Radhica. Yes its very tough to balance a career with a toddler! Cant believe in a month our LOs will become toddlers (1.5 years and above are called Toddlers)!

My day passes by running after Misha, ofc, household work etc etc. So this time in the Christmas weekend we went for a weekend getaway to Mud Island - 2 hours drive from mumbai. There is a good resort and Misha loved all the christmas festivities there. Was kind off 3 days full to my kid...she was happy!

A very happy new year to all of u. May 2013 be as much rocking as it was 2011 ;-)

Take care all.

Priyanka

3. natbann

natbann Senior IL'ite

Hi Everyone!!! Wish you all a Happy 2013.

I had been to India and hence not been able to post earlier. Had a nice time. Did ‘mundan’ for Anika and now she has a black coating of hair on her head. She is very naughty and folks in India said she creates a ‘tornado’ wherever she goes :rotfl

She says a few words like “Amma” “bye bye” and stuff. Has learnt the art of clapping her hands, showing bye and when asked where her head is she rubs her spiky head (spiky from all the hair growing back):thumbsup

Glad to see that all are doing well. Yes girls, it is hard to balance work and kid. But don’t feel guilty about it. After a few years when you look back you will see that it is not a big deal.

Sure, do keep in touch. it is always nice to hear from all of you

Divya

4. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Its nice to have updates from Priyanka and Divya.

Time is flying now and it is true that it is very difficult to work and take care of our LO.
    Now a days my DD if she sees me getting the cab to office will start crying and in evening she is telling ma,ma,ma etc.
    But we have to accept it and everything will fall in its place.

5. Radhica

Radhica Silver IL'ite

Hi all

Wishing all of you a joyful year ahead. May God bless all of us good health and lot of patience and stamina to match our LOs growing naughtiness....

Good to see posts of Uma,Divya and Priyanka...Lucky you Priyanka, you were able to get away from your routine...I am dying to go out somewhere for at least 2 days but till now not able to do so...Something or else will come up and have to drop plans to go out....Days are passing in blur - home and office with managing a kid...Now I say I have two jobs- office n home plus running behind LO....

6. ushavolvo

ushavolvo New IL'ite

hello all hope all doing good

7. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Heyy....

Nice to see updates from Divya, Uma and Radhica! I fully agree with you all that we have 2 full time jobs....one in ofc and one as a mother and agreed its very tiring but yes it very fulfilling also.

Misha says "Tata" "Oita"(that one in Bengali), "Dada", "Mimi"(as in Mashi), "Moooo"(for Mobile), "Koi"(where..in bengali) etc etc etc......fun to listen to her. She enacts some nursery rhymes....which she learned in daycare.
    Runs around the house as tornado and we run after her as tornado hit victims :biglaugh:

Would love to hear from other girls as well.

Love,
    Priyanka

8. amar72

amar72 Senior IL'ite

Hi Guys,
    Time is really flying.driving whole day for Arsh's storytime,simmy's school pickup and again to classes.Arsh is getting very naughty says kiki to didi,mama,papa ,hi,bbbyeee, and lot of other stuff.

Good to know that everybody is doing great....

love to all the toddlers....

Amar

9. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Hi Priyanka and Amar..

Nice to see your updates...yes time is flying like anything and looking at our LO's grow is always a pleasure and we get to learn more.

Keep coming in...missing many of our friends in this club.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  10. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Logging in after a really long time...8 months to be precise! The reasons/excuses are the same as that of yours: work and baby! -) Life has gotten very busy, especially after my parents left to India last week. Thankfully, they were able to support me for a year.

I resumed work 2 months back, after a year long break! Sadly, my workplace is a terribly long commute from home That kinda cuts down the hours I get to spend at home, with my little boy. But it is what it is, and in the IT industry, you know how quickly things can change over time. And with all the competition around, you just cannot afford to stay out of work for too long. So after a lot of detailed pro-con analysis, I decided to (re)start work. I looked around for daycares, but none of them matched my expectations, so I finally hired a nanny who is taking care of Ashwin in my absence. I took off from work for a week, to train the nanny, and am also planning to have some cameras fitted at my place, so that I can see Ashwin whenever I feel like...It has just been a week, hopefully he will settle down well with the new person. Making sure your baby is in the right hands is such a tough job, I am sure all of you have been through it...Good to know, most of the working moms here have found nice alternatives for baby care. Hope your children are liking it, and have got adjusted...

Ashwin has been learning and doing a lot of things, with the most recent ones being, saying "three" on being prompted with one and two, delightfully saying a "Ha Ha Ha" on being prompted with Johny Johny's first three lines, handing over the phone to you when asked for it, pouring water on himself with the mug, while in the bath tub, bringing his palms together on seeing me pray, to name a few. Oh he also loves to climb our sofa and high chair, and peep down from there, and does not leave even a single occasion in proving, that he is a boy!:biglaugh
    He can utter upto 8 bi-sylabbles, and loves to sing, and hear me sing, So when I am home, I am almost always humming something or the other. But then, deep down it hurts terribly to be not able to spend as much time with him, as I want to. Besides, he is super clingy these days, making me feel it is because I am leaving him for close to 8 hours with a third person. :-( I am hoping I will get over this feeling soon. I know there are lots of working moms, but that does not make it hurt any less.

Before I end this post, I wanted to quickly check with you girls on whether you started brushing your LOs' teeth and how you do it. Ashwin's doc asked me to start doing it gently, with a non-flouride baby toothpaste,. But Ashwin already has most of the teeth in place, and he bites really hard when I attempt brushing his teeth, so I almost always give up....What do you do?

PS: Priyanka, you and Misha look very cute....Amar,I love the pic of your boy too...Uma, Radhica and Divya, nice to see you girls active in the club...How are you girls managing work and home so far?