job in UK

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by vinayaji, Oct 8, 2012.

1. soujanya825

soujanya825 Senior IL'ite

Hi Anitha,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I really gave me some positive thought. I will email you my resume hope i will find job :(.

Regards,
    Soujanya

2. MrsPrasadh

MrsPrasadh Junior IL'ite

Hi Soujanya,

Hope your Job search is gearing-up !

Regards,
    Anitha Prasadh

3. soujanya825

hi anitha,

no improvement still finding difficult iam even waiting for my visa... i posted for extension on sep 3rd 2012 still no response....

souji

4. preetinaik

preetinaik New IL'ite

Hi Soujanya and Anitha,

Hope you both are doing well, I am searching job in testing from 10 months still have not got job. Even i am searching any kind of computer jobs admin/clerk/data entry job.If you know regarding this jobs please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,
    preetinaik

5. soujanya825

Hi Preetinaik,

Even I am searching in testing no luck. I am not trying for any other jobs. I am not sure if we can apply for bank jobs iam waiting for my visa anyways just try checking with any one for bank jobs i will post you if i get any info.

regards,
    souji

6. MrsPrasadh

MrsPrasadh Junior IL'ite

Dear Souji / Preeti,

I have few more options, Just try this steps also.

1. You can apply directly in company website : Take this as your full time job to figure out companies of your relevant skills and apply in their website directly. Keep to go through the website to check out new openings.

2. Volunteer: Apply for relevant companies as a volunteer and gain UK experience. 2 - 3 months of work experience in UK is more than enough for you to apply for other positions. Target jobs closure to your area so that you need not spent money on travel and other expenses. This has worked out for many job seekers like us. I understand it is difficult to work as volunteer after gaining so much of experience, but take this in a positive spirit to gain knowledge of different work culture.

3. Post CV: post your profile on all top job search website in UK. I am listing out some of them as I feel this suits to apply for your skill sets.

1. www.monster.co.uk
    2. www.reed.co.uk
    3. www.cv-library.co.uk
    4. www.jobsearch.co.uk
    5. www.fish4jobs.co.uk
    6. www.cwjobs.co.uk
    7. www.technojobs.co.uk
    8. www.theitjobboard.co.uk
    9. www.publicsectorcareers.org
    10. www.technojobs.co.uk
    11. www.career.stackoverflow.com

You can find out some more useful website while applying.
    Don't give up and try every other possible option to get job.

Regards,
    Anitha Prasadh

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  7. preetinaik

preetinaik New IL'ite

Thanks Anitha and soujanya :)

8. soujanya825

Hi Anitha,

I am even trying for volunteering jobs. I havent found one. Any idea on how i can find such jobs?

I am really not concerned about pay i just need work..:(

souji

9. Baarish

Baarish New IL'ite

I looked into teaching about a year ago. There is a need for Maths teachers in UK. There are incentives for maths and may be science subjects meaning higher pay and availability of jobs. Of course command of English language is a must and there is a requirement for at least one year of Teacher Training and the relevant qualification. there are maths courses available to bring up one's level of mathes to the required level if maths has not been a major in your existing qualification. Search for Teaching Agency dot Gov. That should give anyone with an interest in becoming a teacher a head start.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  10. Baarish

Baarish New IL'ite

Dear Souji ,
    Job situation in UK is not great. You may be aware that we have one of the highest unemployment rate for Graduates. Due to closure of many companies there is pool of highly experienced people who have to take employment in catering or telesale. I may be able to direct you to places which you can find volunteering opportunities which in turn will keep hopefully your spirit up and give you references. Be ready for at least two referees even for volunteering. A word of advice for those whom are seeking volunteering. Using volunteers as unpaid member of staff and abuse of their good will is spreading fast. Make sure that you search out volunteering vacancies with care.