1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Naturalism In Phtography

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by DURGA RAVI, Oct 15, 2005.

1. DURGA RAVI

DURGA RAVI New IL'ite

Irrespective of amateur or an expertise in photography, most of us posses’ cameras to capture our loved ones and self and file the precious, pleasant snap shots in the albums which would when referred at a later stage bring forth the nostalgic memories of the past. While browsing through the childhood photographs, one would not resist but burst into laughter comparing with the present body structure accompanied with most common comments like ‘how thin I was during my childhood’ which really looks funny in the present.

Indeed, albums start piling up especially when a new member is added in the family. Yes, you caught my point right! When a new born baby enters in the family, apparently the father of the child would really start using his camera whether expertise or amateur. (Perhaps, photography is the men’s hobby as in most of the cases only few ladies show interest in photography).

if observed, in most of the albums we find the typical pose, I mean, the most common standard pose for photograph of standing erect with an artificial smile insisted by the photographer. Most of us, parents usually are conscious while capturing the snap shots of our children that the child should be trim and insist him/her to stand erect and give a smile under the wrong impression that when the child is dressed well with neatly combed hair the photo would look most beautiful, lest the picture would appear ugly.

In fact, when given a practical and right thought we would realize how beautiful and wonderful the snap shot appears when the child is shot in the natural pose.

What else would be the best snapshot which is captured when the little one walking around proudly with his little foot in his fathers shoes? What else would be a wonderful snapshot shot when the child smears lipstick with big moon like bindi on the forehead and wrapping around a towel or ‘duppata’ like wearing a saree imitating her mother?

How about capturing when the little one scribbles on the neatly painted wall? When referred later when the child is grown up, would it not bring forth the naughty pranks of the child? Indeed, the photos with the natural pose shot will really remind us of the wonderful past and pleasant memories with reviews of our child in his childhood days. No photograph of the child shot when the child is trimly dressed in his new costumes which we falsely consider the most beautiful photo would give the same pleasure of feeling while watching the snapshot in the natural pose. Nothing looks most beautiful in this world than naturalism. Indeed, it’s the reality what we realize sometimes lately. Anyway, isn’t it better to be late than never?

G.V.K.Durga Ravi

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>MUSCAT</st1:place></st1:City>.

2. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

yes indeed.....

Hello Durga,

I do agree with u.

I had taken snaps of my daughter in all kinds of moods - when she first held her pencil to scribble on the wall; she sitting on piles of clothes that she pulled out of my cupboard; fiddling with my mobile; tryig to put her soft toys in the washing machine for wash; staring at cartoon network - standing very close to the tv; trying to walk on her own in the park; trying to comb her soft toy; the birthday celebrations where she had all the cake (icing) all over her face,
    she in walkers, in pram, in the garden, while crying, with her head almost inside my dog's mouth and smiling; I've a nice collection of her photos and today she's 9 yr old and whenever we get time, we do sit together and she keeps asking details on each and every photograph and explaining them is like telling a never ending story .........

I too enjoy looking thru the album.. I think everyone shld do that because once they grow a little they start posing to the camera like adults and all the innocence is lost. Now if I take the camera, she becomes so conscious about everything - starting from clothes to shoes, jewels, cap, and etc...

I just couldn't resist but to rush to pick up my daughters album after reading ur mail....... my daughter has gone to my Mom's place for holidays and it was nice to go thru her album another time........

3. DURGA RAVI

DURGA RAVI New IL'ite

reply msg

It was nice to go thru your feelings relevant to my article "Naturalism in photography". I too have 7 years old daughter and intially I was of misconception that a pose with beautiful smile in well dressed attire will be a good snap shot. In due course of time I realised the naturalism in phtography and like you I sit with my daughter with album and spend hours in explaining about her earlier pranks relevant incidents in the photograph. Most of the parents do the same kind of mistake capturing their chidlren in beautiful attire when well dressed which become monotony in the album. Even if few parents realise the fact of naturalism in photography, my aim for penning down the article will be fulfilled.

cheers,
    DURGA RAVI