1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Story...

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by enlightened, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sachug

sachug New IL'ite

The Original post by enlightened seems like very old.......and people still actively responding to it......!! Wondering what had happened to enlightened and her family.....Hope she might have had a nice patch up with her husband.........

2. GodIsOne

GodIsOne Gold IL'ite

I think she just posted it today.

3. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

E
    Even if it is what u want the most at the moment few marriages can survive an EMA...the enormity of the act and the guilt that ensues just makes it very hard .
    Also much depends on the relationship you had with ur DH prior to the affair .How ur DH reacts to this and how willing he is to forgive and put this behind him....Lot of unknown variables.
    You need help ..not from any of us..from a professional. Talk to a therapist and work through ur issues.

PS About God...he/she has better things to do than punish innocent kids. Don't let ur Ex.BF manipulate u anymore.

2 people like this.
  4. aditip

aditip Senior IL'ite

I can't stand cheating either but whatever happened don't tell ur husband it may backfire u.Try to resolve ur marital issues encourage him to talk to u more. My dh also doesn't talk at all it is kind of frustrating but we can not
    force anyone to talk. You should try to become more attractive by going to spa get facial wear nice dresses make yourself irresistible. u might be knowing ur husband best what kind of dresses colors he likes try those on
    and after that show him off but don't roam around him just be indifferent.Well in my case it did worked sometimes.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

This might seem like a minor issue, but I'm going to focus on it anyway. I'm sure the posters before me dealt with all the important stuff.

Enlightened, I feel bad for you. You went from a loveless, indifferent relationship in your marriage to a cruelly manipulative one in your extra-marital affair. All considerations of right and wrong aside, what strikes me as noteworthy in this whole saga is that you have yet to find happiness in a loving, honest, mutually fulfilling romantic relationship. Obviously, I'm not aware of your pre-marriage experiences, but I'm guessing you wouldn't have been as accepting of your husband's neglect, or susceptible to the heart patient's "charms", if you had been in a good relationship before.

I hope that one day, you do find happiness, with whomever happens to be the right person for you. Until that day comes, focus on your health, and try to do the best for your children. Dwelling on the past is not going to serve you well, except as an occasional reminder to not take yourself for granted. You're better than all of this.

And no, I think I can say with certainty, God will not harm your children for whatever it is you think you've done wrong. I've heard tell God is loving, just, and merciful, not vengeful and petty. At least, I hope whatever God you believe in fits into the former category.

6. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

So now that you have decided to call it quits,be strong on that and avoid the person completely.Erase your social networking account,change your phone number and make sure there is absolutely no way he can contact you.Even if he calls or blackmails you with his health or god, have a "i don't care" attitude.

Now make a promise to god that you will be there for your family no matter what and make poojas for the wellbeing of your family.

Also divert your mind into some studies or hobbies and get yourself occupied.

1 person likes this.
  7. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Yes JMO, you are right...I judge people too fast.Ive learnt the hard way.Thanks for your advice.

8. enlightened

Thankkyou nicegirlradhi..

9. enlightened

Thanks dear Shanvy...Yes, I have strayed and learnt a bitter lesson.My husband is a very good man indeed.I will never even think of stepping out of my marriage.

why do you go looking for romance outside. i remember the doctor, now a person on fb. grow up D before you ruin your marriage (if there is anything left) from what you already told you have a nice husband, who just does not know how to be romantic.. in search of the waxing poetry, being put on a pedestal, you were sure going to be sucked in by a highly manipulative person.

i can only say once can be a mistake, twice is....you decide dear..i am not going to condemn you or take you to task. i would just ask you to sit and think why is it you get so easily carried away just because a few men appreciate your beauty.. remember you are into early 30's??? and you crave for attention, appreciation and resent being at home, taking care of family..while after a few years say a decade or more, you would want the unappreciative husband's support and strength.

And try to also see how you can change your communication and also romance in your marriage. after 10 years, each of us falls into a routine and expects the other to pitch forgetting it is a two way street. you need to be equally involved to keep the sparks alive. you want him to be romantic, talk to him, involve him, you start appreciation and talking about your likes..if you feel he cannot do it, it is nothing wrong in investing some more time trying to make him understand..(if you could invest months on a stranger on fb, why not on your husband..)

but do not stay in this relationship or try to be good, just for the fear that god will punish your kids..stay married because you want to be in the marriage for yourself..and also the fear of social stigma...

please wake up before it is too late and you lose your self respect, and respect of your family...[/QUOTE]

10. enlightened

Yes dear chilledsteam...agree with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.