1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Time management - cooking, cleaning, and exercise

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kkrish, Apr 22, 2012.

1. lakshmi05

lakshmi05 Silver IL'ite

Dear friends,
    After almost a week i am logging in. I was not feeling well and i 've become somewhat normal now.

Latha, happy to note that everything in a smooth flow.

Kamala, I can very well understand your emotions towards your son. Hope you feel better both physically and mentally. Take care.

Shanvy, my prayers to your dd for a speedy recovery. Hope she feels better and better by now. Take care.

Doing only minimum work at home.

Lakshmi.

3 people like this.
  2. Gae3

Gae3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Kkrish,
    I never thought some1 would have same schedule as mine,And seems like your later posts reveal new schedule.
    But do share with me how was the transition?
    Did u fail anytime, did it take u time to fit into new schedule?
    I t would just motivate me, if you have crossed the hurdles so can I.

1 person likes this.
  3. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

A quick post :

Friends, We shifted yesterday to the new area. Though shifting was very hectic and tired yesterday, this morning managed to prepare breakfast , chutney and coffee for DH and DD, and sent them to Office and School. We had a very peaceful sleep along with bodypain.

Thank you for all your prayers and support.

3 people like this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Latha
    Congrats on your move in. Wishing you all the best and much happiness in your new home.

Dear Lakshmi
    Trust you are fully recovered from your fever. Please take care.

Hi Jeniflora
    Nice to read your updates. Take care.

Dear Nancy
    Welcome and glad to know this thread motivates you. Believe me, i too read this thread and see how much the ladies do and get motivated myself. So I too do something for at least 15-20 minutes everyday in keeping my home clean.
    The key is not to overdo. Just do a little at a time.
    Enjoy the lovely young lady you are holding. She is the most important right now.

Hi Gayathri(Gae3)
    Welcome and thank you for stepping in.
    As I mentioned earlier and elsewhere, I am no time management expert. I am trying different ways to accomplish a smooth running home.

I definitely change my schedule according to life's demands. I had mentioned it in one of my very early posts that we should not become paranoid of this home cleaning - we have to relax, enjoy life and above all give time to our near and dear.

Looking back I can clearly see what all interruptions I came across - changes in my job responsibility, travel to India, illness, childrens' visits, festivals, and so may small stuff....so my schedule definitely must have changed.

If you are referring to my new calendar I started in December, yes, that is an attempt to re-visit my habits while at the same time to be a starting point for someone who is also struggling with time management and wondering where and how to begin.
    I am really building the calendar slowly... making some adjustments to my schedule along the way. I add a new activity; do it for some time before adding a new one.

My "advice", if I may give it, will be to not think of this as a "pass-fail" activity. Then we will never be happy.
    A small amount of dust or clutter now and then is not the end of life and should not be a reflection on the kind of person you are.

I hope I have answered your question.

Best wishes.

4 people like this.
  5. nancystalin

nancystalin Silver IL'ite

Dear kkrish,

Ya what you said was correct. my dad also used to say dont overdo just do a lil at a time. Now im in mama's place and after 24th i will be in delhi (my place) so lemme join and share my routine and schedule after 24th. happy homemaking

love
    nancystalin

1 person likes this.
  6. nirmalaramesh

nirmalaramesh Junior IL'ite

the post is very informative

1 person likes this.
  7. manjukps

manjukps IL Hall of Fame

Welcome Nancy, Gae3.

Hi Latha, good that you have shifted to another home. Hope you get your house handed over soon.

Dear Lakshmi, hope you have recovered.

Dear Shanvy. Hope your DD is doing fine now. Still let her not over strain.

Dear Kamala, not able to log in very often due to so many reasons.

So A quick hi to all.

House chores going on as usual. Last Wednesday we were blessed with a new member in our family. My co-sis delivered her second DD. we are all enjoying the bliss, though they live in CA.

Otherwise, the ceremony, PONGAL celebration went on well. Due to baby's birth in the family, no pooja for 10 days. Utilizing this time, to take my FIL to dr for his hearing impairment. There is being few regular visits to dr. now. My mil is enjoying her liberty for no need of wearing 9 yards to make neyvedhyam everyday. My FIL is very insistent on this. Good that he doesn't tell me, though I like to wear 9 yards for all important occassions.

Today, Before breakfast and bathing finished cleaning toilets and bathrooms. One of our bathroom's full circuit is not working, so all of us using one bathroom for want of heater. The electrician is expected only on Monday.

after b/f cooked lunch, after early lunch took DD to music practice for tomorrow's competition. Hope she performs well there. Then myself and DH went out to finish some outside work. Picked up some fertilizers. Again in the evening after picking up DS, dropped him at home, immediately myself and DH went to visit ENT for my DH, with audio gram report. We need to decide on next course of action. While treatment is going on for my FIL, insisted my DH to have a checkup as I suspected family history on hearing loss. Good that I did. Then we got a new touch mobile for FIL and a calci for DS.

Regards
    Manjukps

2 people like this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Nancy. Enjoy your stay in your mom's place.

Thank you Nirmala.

Hi Manju
    My best wishes to your daughter for the competition. Even the experience is a triumph for her in her tender age. She will do well.
    I understand you not being here regularly. Not a problem. Come visit when you can.

Dear everybody
    How are you?
    Yesterday I was a bit relaxed where housework was concerned. Went for my weekly grocery shopping.

There is a small tweak to my cleaning/decluttering approach.

I was eyeing my foyer and saw that I tend to place stuff there. That area being the first one would see when I open the front door, I decided to keep that area clean. Similar to Manju's verandah. So I cleared all the clutter that we had put there.
    My habit change is to not keep any stuff in the foyer.

I spent about 10 minutes in my closet just rearranging clothes.

Today's plans:
    The next place the eyes would wander is the formal living/puja/mediatation room. That room is ok for now. It is clutter free. The next is the dining area. We have no furniture there but somehow that has become a dumping ground of sorts. That is the area I will tackle today.

Then I have to cook and plan the weeks meal.
    Exercise: 30-60 minutes
    Will write what else I did today, later.

Take care
    Love
    K

3 people like this.
  9. latharam09

latharam09 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Shanvy,
    Howz your daughter now?

Dear Lakshmi,
    You have not updated about your reports, hope everything is normal. Get well soon.

Dear Manju,
    You are always with hectic routine. Hope little girl performed well yesterday.

Dear Kamala Mam,
    Yes, I too have the wandering eyes. I cant stop myself to clear the area, if I notice any clutter.

Hi All,

Yesterday was the very first day I saw my DH active in the family. He usually settles in his room with his TV and sleep on holidays. But yesterday, as we have shifted to a new area, he actively participated in all works, DD too enjoyed this harmony. I didnt feel my usual tiredness and mental sickness.

After finishing our Breakfast, cooked lunch , by parallely arranging necessary things (as we have one more shifting very soon to our new house), dumped all the cartons unopened in one room, myself and DH went in the hot afternoon to have a look at the new area. Got some vegs too. Returned and had lunch and a short nap.

From our balcony, we can see a green field and a farmer working on, pumpset, white cranes, etc. Beautiful nature. We love like anything. Usually DH gets up only one hour before he starts to work, but today he woke up by 6.15 along with us, had his very first coffee in his lifetime standing in the balcony (he has no habit of drinking tea/coffee ) and enjoyed the nature. DD and DH left for school and office by 8 am.

Have to continue my routine.

2 people like this.
  10. JeniFlora

JeniFlora Gold IL'ite

Last weekend, planned to take rest. Since maid has put leave from yesterday, I was busy with household chores.

Saturday -

- wakeup at 8am
    - Cleaned sinks, toilets and bathrooms
    - 1 time loaded w/m with clothes
    - Day time busy spending time with guests came to my home up to 6pm
    - Evening 7pm went to attend parent's meeting in my DD's day-care along with DD and DH
    - 9pm went to hospital for check-up and put 2nd TT
    - 9.45pm important provisions purchase needed immediately
    - reached home by 10.30pm
    - have dinner and slept by 11.30pm

Sunday-

- wakeup at 8am
    - prepared health drinks and breakfast and have at 9am
    - 1 time loaded w/m with clothes
    - Cleaned all vessels
    - Cleaned kitchen sink, tap and countertop
    - Prepared lunch and finish at 1pm.
    - Bath DD and went to hospital to put polio vaccination for her
    - feed DD and have lunch along with DH
    - Usually every Saturday is the nail cutting day for us. Since couldn't do it on Saturday, sunday cut and clean the nails for DD, DH and myself.
    - Take bath at 4pm
    - 5pm Prepared tea and complan and have along with DH and DD
    - 5.30 pm Cleaned the house
    - 6pm folded all the dried clothes
    - After that relax with watching TV
    - 8pm prepared dinner
    - 8.30pm cleaned all the vessels
    - 9pm went to sleep

Today Morning-

- wakeup at 6am
    - Prepared healthdrinks, breakfast and lunch
    - Feed DD with multigrain kanji
    - Packed the lunch boxes and snacks boxes
    - Bath DD and ready her for school
    - Left home by 7.40am
    - reached office by 8.50am

Eagerly expecting my maid for today evening. I have lost almost all my energy. Have to take rest in the evening.