1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Who is visiting your garden these days?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Srama, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you RKG for your feedback and sharing about your mom's garden! It is true our moms love gardens like they would love their own kids!

2. pramila.f

pramila.f Gold IL'ite

Very beautiful pic and the writeup

3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Pramila :)

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear friends,

the sun is out and bright, so even though we are below freezing temps, it kind of looks and feels nice. So guess who decided to make an appearance - the fish in our pond! Yes, they hibernate and come up when ever they see some sun trying to unfreeze the water.

P1260575.jpg

In this picture you can see them right below a thin sheet of ice! Yes, some of them survive and some don't but we are always pleasantly surprised to find some babies swimming around, come spring!

2 people like this.
  5. nirmalaramesh

nirmalaramesh Junior IL'ite

it is nicely photographed

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

@saby, wow, that is so nice..and i always wonder why is it becoming so difficult for man to acclimatize to situations while everything else does so beautifully....

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Nirmala!

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Certainly something to think about Shanthi! I think we are getting used to comforts and our ways more now than ever! The temps have been so horrible today (-13 C), I am still worried for the fish but I have to wait till next week to see how they are doing!

9. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Srama, you know I love you garden right!! Gosh, I so wish for a pond in my yard. It was way too expensive, even a small one and hubby is not very keen on it, considering, we dont have a lot of space in the backyard like you do. If you have an idea about convincing my hubby into getting a pond, I would be thrilled :)

BTW, do share the names of the fish babies when you name them.

Again, awesome pictures. I will post some of my pictures soon; there is a rabbit hiding behind our BBQ. Poor thing, she must be cold. I see 4 little feet prints leading towards the BBQ. I kept some carrots out but I guess they froze before the rabbit had a chance to realize that there is food waiting outside for it :(

10. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

I wish I wish, so I will continue to think :) I remember our thread about you wanting a pond. It wil come true Rakhii, it will!

Thank you for your words about my garden and pond. All I do now is longingly look out! As you see, we only have gold fish there and one year we had a black fish and kids got such a kick imagining where that fish came from!

I know you will continue to keep the carrots for the bunny! I am sure she would have some how got those carrots. Can't wait to see the bunny pictures - it will be so cute to see the paw prints!

Thank you for stepping in Rakhi, I was kind of hoping you would :)