1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Maniratnams KADAL trailer

Discussion in 'Movies' started by sunflower84, Jan 12, 2013.

1. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Music of this film is supposed to be composed only for musical highbrows(who co-incidentally are Rehman fans).

Souls those who like simple music(like me) are pitiable these days.

2. Dewdrop

Dewdrop Gold IL'ite

Mr.Nemesis,

Nice to see another plain soul like me -- I too liked only earlier Rehman [Bombay, Roja etc.] Nowadays it seems I have to listen again & again & let the tune grow on me -- my son's advice :drowningeven once I'm not liking, how to keep enduring it, hoping I will like it ..Give me MSV or Ilayaraja anyday which I want to listen again & again and not something which I have to listen repeatedly ..and go :spin

And I simply laughed so much :rotflon seeing your signature line. ..kalakkitteenga :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  3. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Over-rated Maniratnam eh? Ok, mind-la vetchikiren (I'll keep that in my mind)

4. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

Or probably overjoyed that she's been allowed to come out in public at last!! Maniratnam's kept the pair under wraps for so long now :) On second thoughts, this probably explains the hero's unkept look too!!

1 person likes this.
  5. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I do agree that ARR has gone beyond giving the catchy tunes he used to give in his earlier days in the industry. But the evolution that he brings to his music is what makes his music special and endearing. How often do you actually hear gospel blues blended in folk music in a movie song? Or rock sufi for that matter? These were unheard of 10 years back but we hear to such genres, all thanks to someone who wanted to bring some much needed changes in the film music.

The amazing thing about ARR lies in the fact that he brings in the totally unheard western tunes and blends the same with Indian music. If all that Indian films need are some simple music with "the-heard-before" sounds and tunes, then we probably would never have had an oppurtunity of listening to a Thiruda Thiruda after a Roja, or a Kannathil Muthammittal after an Uyire, for all these albums were as diversified (with untested new tunes) as Arr's later works seen in Raavanan or Kadal. So if changes and diversity in music were acceptable then, why shouldn't the same be acceptable now?

3 people like this.
  6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Yeah Ani. Even I thought that Mani was probably launching an Arvindswamy or a Madhavan, going by his efforts to hide the two from the public's eyes. And now you're left wondering why Mani went through such length to do so.

1 person likes this.
  7. Roopamanju

Roopamanju Platinum IL'ite

absolutely! :exactly: :iagree

8. malar_arasi

malar_arasi Silver IL'ite

Yes actually in the trailer, I found Arvindswamy looking better than Gautam ;-)

9. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

But Arjun is the best of the lots :-D He looks amazingly good! :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  10. Veni77

Veni77 Gold IL'ite

I didnt like both the girl and the guy...they look really dull...she is not poles apart from karthika (infact, she is Karthika+additional weight-eyebrows)...

hmm...I think Samantha might have been a better choice...

I think all the good songs are going to be wasted in the movie (just imagine, how pathetic it would be to watch this face singing "nenjukkulle" thinking about this school boy)...