1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

My Soul mate was just next to me - 14

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Priyaram170, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Priyaram170

Priyaram170 Silver IL'ite

November 2008

Its been more than 2 months that I am away from mom, Bangalore and KARTHIK now I could not even remember when I last saw him because I missed mom a lot than him. I called her thrice a day and would speak to her at least 30 mins each time. Ram uncle & his wife and mom had become best of best friends. They go for an hour walk early mrng, have their mrng coffee together discussing Bangalore, weather, Crime in the city, about once upon time college friends. It takes a big heart for the women in the family to entertain who is not the family. I always felt a great gratitude feeling towards aunty and used to let her know in some or the other way. Every time I talked to her and thank her my voice used to shiver and eyes filled with tears.

I was always a confident this genere gal with financial independence, working brought in more confidence and had changed me into a mature beautiful woman. I found more men around impressing me, but the boy with his dimple smile never faded in my memories. Neeta’s relative worked in the same organization. He helped us getting to know the city and our workgroups. Meanwhile, Neeta’s parents brought in this proposal for her with the same guy who helped us in settling down. In the process of her getting to know him I felt ignored then I felt probably they need more time to know and started putting my time in learning new technologies and attending seminars from seniors within office or sometime outside office too. It became rare that I could just have a chat with her @ first she used to come late night to the room later she shifted to her fiancée’s flat. I lived alone; I had friends but never thought of making any close friends now. Was in regular touch with Len, Rishi & Shankar.

March 2009

We had completed our probation and we were absorbed into the organization but they asked us to join after 15 days. So I was returning back to Bangalore, Neeta stayed back there with her fiancée. My happiness had no boundaries, though I used to see mom on chat still I felt as if I have been far from her for so long time. Mom came one hour before the train reached. I literally jumped out of the train and running towards the gate a moment I thought hey maaa.. I just could see tears flowing down onto the cheeks. She was already there. That’s maa !! :) I held her so tight in my arms on the way back I had decided I am not going back!!

Somewhere in April mid I had got the confirmation letter to join the Bangalore office. I was relieved at least no tension of searching a new job here. Mom shifted back to our home even before I came down. My new office was cool, I loved the place because mentally I was feeling good because I was in home, with mom, and at least I have someone to speak with. After Neeta moved to the flat, I had became completely alone now I was back to square one always with smile on face.

Mom used to always get this topic so that I give my firm decision on it.

“What next?” mom asked

“What?” first few times I never understood when she used to just to pop up this question. Later I used to act as if I never understood.

“Ade ne pellidi??? (That’s wat about your marriage!!)”

I gave a blank stare to mom meaning, you know still you are thinking of my marriage. Mom understood my stare meaning and she asked me

“I am not telling I have seen someone for you. I want to know whether you have moved on or you have made any decisions?? “she asked me.

“I have not moved. And to make any decisions I don’t know If he is still single or I don’t know if he is married also. I don’t know maaa.. ” I was so confused.

“Then leave na, I have a guy in my mind. If not you had this Karthik’s chapter in your life I would have talked to them by now. Even they are looking for a gal for SANJAY, he is an architect. You can never find such a gem kind of person.”

Nov 2010

I got an invite from my college for the alumni meet, a small hope lit in me If Karthik comes I can speak to him v’ll decide something on this. I soon called up Neeta to know find out her plan.

2 days before the alumni Neeta, Rishi, Len and Shankar came to my home. All of us stayed together discussing about after college experience. All were committed now when it was about their me & Shankar were silent the rest 3 used to start and never get tiered talking about them. Len’s girl friend was very pretty, she was from assam. Rishi had met his own community gal and they both looked cute together. When asked Shankar about his girlfriend, his reply used to be

“Hey Poda, no time to study only!!. I can’t afford to maintain girlfriend and all” he slugged.

Rishi & Shankar never knew anything about myself & Karthik. Rishi suddenly asked me

“What about you, Hema? I thought, you will definitely have one”

I just smiled and nodded my head telling NO. Len just dint lift his head pointing his eye somewhere. That night every one slept. It was only me and LEN awake,

“Arrey Yaar! Aur kitne din tak aisi raho gi?? Naa tumne kuch kaha, naa usne. Kya aisi hi rehne ka plan hai kya??” he asked.

“If I meet him tmrw in the alumni, I’ll propose him for marriage” I winked.

“Haa.. agar nahi aaye too??”

“Tu hain na, you will get his mobile number or address or e mail id something so that I can reach him!!”

“So,this is final huh??” he confirmed with me..

“Pakka!!” We both smiled at each other.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    6 people like this.

2. AArchana

AArchana Gold IL'ite

Wow!! Interesting!! Waiting for the meet.. Please post it soon!!

1 person likes this.
  3. vidhya3b

vidhya3b IL Hall of Fame

Was waiting for this!!!! Good!!!

Pls post the next one soon yaar!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

I am enjoying your story so much. Thank you for writing/

1 person likes this.
  5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Was waiting for this episode....
    Interesting..

Shanti

1 person likes this.
  6. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Hey nice.. actually was waiting for long for the next episode. So Hema has decided to definitely propose Karthik. But is Karthik still single?? Waiting to know more :)

1 person likes this.
  7. Joobi

Joobi Senior IL'ite

interesting episode...waiting for next....:)

1 person likes this.
  8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Great Going! Can't wait for the next episode :thumbsup

1 person likes this.
  9. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice one. !!!

1 person likes this.
  10. rakinya

rakinya Platinum IL'ite

Priya, a beautiful episode. please post the next episode soon.

1 person likes this.